- Winemaker in Residence
Winemaker in Residence features award-winning winemakers from across the country for intimate wine tastings, educational conversations and one-on-one interaction with renowned winemakers themselves. Each of the wines are expertly paired with the natural bounty of Hawaii through a carefully crafted menu from Executive Chef Polhemus.
- Chef in Residence
Chef in Residence features a line-up of prestigious guest chefs showcasing their unique culinary approach combined with Hawaii’s diverse ingredients. This weekend-long experience includes a special menu from the featured chef at one of our signature outlets.
- Intimate Cooking classes
Join a 10-person cooking class featuring a signature dish from the repertoire of our Chef in Residence.
- Wine Tasting Classes
Small-group wine tasting classes showcase award-winning wines with the guidance of the visiting winemaker.
- `Ulu Ocean Grill + Sushi Lounge Restaurant Takeovers
Whether it’s a special Resort chef menu paired with wines by a visiting winemaker, or a new menu created by a visiting guest chef, you can request these exclusive dining experiences at `Ulu Ocean Grill + Sushi Lounge on Saturdays within each featured weekend.
Featured Chefs and Winemakers
- HARLAN ESTATE WINEMAKERS
- Founded in 1984, Harlan Estate is a wine-growing estate in the western hills of Oakville, California, situated in the heart of the Napa Valley, known for crafting California’s “First Growth” wines. Consisting of 240 acres of natural splendour set above the fabled Oakville benchlands, the property rises in elevation from 225 to 1,225 feet above sea level, growing Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot vines. Max Kast, Estate Director of Bond: March 17, 2023 Francois Vignaud, Estate Director of Harlan Estate: May 26, 2023 Anthony Mendleson, Estate director of The Mascot: October 13, 2023
- MI CASA - A FOUR SEASONS RESORT HUALALAI AND FOUR SEASONS RESORT LOS CABOS COLLABORATION
- Celebrate the distinct flavours of Baja California and Hawaii with a special collaboration with Hualalai’s Executive Chef Richard Polhemus and Four Seasons Resort Los Cabos’ Chef Maritza Cortes, complemented by a Casamigos tequila-based menu of cocktails and flights developed by Los Cabos’ in-house Agave Master Ricardo Robles and Casamigos’ Vice President of Cocktails Kristin Clark. June 16 –July 26, 2023 Chef Maritza Cortes, Four Seasons Resort Los Cabos Chef Ricardo Robles, Four Seasons Resort Los Cabos Agave Master Kristin Clark, Casamigos Vice President of Cocktails
- Chef Phillip Frankland Lee, Scratch Restaurants
- Scratch Restaurants is a concept from Chef Phillip Frankland Lee and Margarita Kallas-Lee, who brought to life their dedication to the artisanal “from scratch” approach to hospitality. Chef Phillip will join Ulu’s Chef De Cuisine Nuri Piccio, as they present a selection of signature dishes for an exciting omakase collaboration. Combining ingredients, both local and Japanese, with traditional preparations and a touch of the modern, courses will transition from an array of otsumami (small dishes) to sushi. The omakase experience is a multi-coursed meal that is a contemporary and reflective experience on the Big Island. SEPTEMBER 2, 2023 CHEF PHILLIP FRANKLAND LEE, SCRATCH RESTAURANTS CHEF NURI PICCIO, FOUR SEASONS RESORT HUALALAI