- Chef in Residence
Chef in Residence features a line-up of prestigious guest chefs each month, showcasing their unique culinary approach combined with Hawaii’s diverse ingredients. This weekend-long experience includes intimate cooking classes and a special menu from the featured chef at ULU Ocean Grill + Sushi Lounge.
- Winemaker in Residence
Winemaker in Residence features award-winning winemakers from across the country for a weekend of intimate wine tasting classes and a dinner at `Ulu Ocean Grill, with wine pairings that complement an innovative menu of Hawaii Island's freshest ingredients.
- Intimate Cooking classes
Join a 10-person cooking class featuring a signature dish from the repertoire of our Chef in Residence.
- Wine Tasting Classes
Small-group wine tasting classes showcase award-winning wines with the guidance of the visiting winemaker.
- `Ulu Ocean Grill + Sushi Lounge Restaurant Takeovers
Whether it’s a special Resort chef menu paired with wines by a visiting winemaker, or a new menu created by a visiting guest chef, you can request these exclusive dining experiences at `Ulu Ocean Grill + Sushi Lounge on Saturdays within each featured weekend.
Featured Chefs and Winemakers
- WINEMAKER GREG BREWER
- Greg Brewer created his eponymous label, Brewer-Clifton, with original partner Steve Clifton in 1996 and later designed Melville where he worked as winemaker from inception in 1997 through the end of 2015. In 2020, Greg was named “Winemaker of the Year” by Wine Enthusiast Magazine's Wine Star Awards. January 7–8, 2022
- Chef Chad Colby
- Chef Chad Colby’s restaurant Antico in Los Angeles was featured in “Best LA Restaurants” 2020 by Los Angeles Magazine, “Best Restaurants in Los Angeles” 2020 by Thrillist, “38 Standout Dining Destinations in Los Angeles” 2021 by Eater, and “Best New Los Angeles Restaurants” 2019 by TimeOut. April 22–23, 2022
- Chef Charles Phan
- Chef Charles Phan is a two-time James Beard Award winner, Iron Chef participant, and he has been featured on How to Cook Everything, and is the author of IACP award-winning cookbooks “Vietnamese Home Cooking” and “The Slanted Door.” May 13–14, 2022
- CHEF LEE ANNE WONG
- Chef Lee Anne Wong is the chef/partner at Koko Head Cafe in Honolulu and Pioneer Inn, Lahaina. Chef Wong is a Top Chef finalist, Top Chef masters participant, Iron Chef winner and Chopped judge. June 17–18, 2022
- Chef Suzanne Goin
- Chef Goin is a four-time James Beard Award winner including Outstanding Chef of Year 2016. She is the first woman in the United States to win the GAYOT.com Restaurateur of the Year award in 2019. Chef Goin has been featured on Chef Story, How to Cook Everything and is the author of award winning cookbook “Sunday Suppers at Lucques.” August 19–20, 2022
- Chef RJ Cooper
- Chef RJ Cooper is the chef and owner of Saint Stephen in Nashville, Tennessee, a modern American restaurant featuring seasonal ingredients cooked on a wood fire. Chef Cooper is a multiple James Beard Award nominee and winner of Best Chef: Mid-Atlantic. October 7–8, 2022
- CHEF RICHARD BLAIS
- Chef Richard Blais is a winner of Top Chef: All-Stars, and chef/owner of popular restaurants throughout San Diego and Orlando. November 18–19, 2022