Discover incredible things to do on Hawaii Island with our Only at Hualalai experiences that have been created to immerse you in the unique opportunities of the island. Let our expert concierge team tailor each experience to surpass your wildest expectations, or allow our dream makers to create your own Only at Hualalai experience.
- Explore the diverse natural offerings of Hawaii Island and tour Háloa Áina’s native Hawaiian 'Iliahi forest on the slopes of Mauna Loa with our 'Iliahi (Sandalwood) Experience. First, savour a bountiful brunch served beneath the cover of sandalwood and ohia trees. Then tour the farm, witnessing firsthand how the sandalwood oil is extracted and learn about the healing properties of this native tree. After your forest tour, return to the Resort for an exclusive 'Iliahi spa experience. Our resident spa intuitive Maryanne Rose leads a vibrational forest essence session, focusing on energy work with a sound bath. Then, be enveloped in the white flowering 'Iliahi body cocoon, sealing in moisturizing coconut oil and a fine sprinkle of sandalwood powder. The cocoon ends with a massage with highly emollient sandalwood oil.
Salt of the Earth
- Journey to nearby salt flats with a cultural ambassador on this Salt Harvesting Experience, where you will learn how ancient Hawaiians harvested salt decades ago. You will then be led through a private, interactive cooking class with a member of our culinary team, who will incorporate the salt into your dishes and further explain the ways it was traditionally used in Hawaiian cooking. The salts are also used in the Salts of the Ocean body treatment at the Hualalai Spa. Hike availability is seasonal and dependent on conditions.
Catch of the Day
- Sip champagne and taste freshly harvested oysters on the Hualalai Seafood Experience. A Resort Marine Naturalist leads you behind-the-scenes at Punawai Pond, home to our unique oyster farming process. The tour then leads to the Herb Garden, where a Resort chef shares the inter-workings of the Resort's hyper-local food and beverage philosophy and invites guests to catch Pacific White Shrimp from the shrimp pens. The experience concludes at 'Ulu Ocean Grill where guests enjoy a five-course custom meal featuring the Resort's oysters, shrimp, and more of Hawaii Island's freshest seafood.
Farm to Cup
- Take a deep dive into the fascinating world of coffee growing at the Hawaii Island Coffee Experience. In a private tour of a local coffee farm, you’ll meet the farmers, learn what makes Kona coffee so irresistible and end the experience with a tasting, where our resident coffee expert will guide you through the flavors of the Island, with petit fours prepared by our Executive Pastry Chef.
Dave Scott Triathlon Experience
- Exclusively for Four Seasons guests, six-time Ironman champion Dave Scott hosts a five-day triathlon clinic. Join us for five days of coaching focused on each discipline of a triathlon. This bespoke clinic includes video analysis, pre-camp phone consultation and post-camp tailored training prescription, group meals and a welcome gift of triathlon apparel and gear.
Capture the Moment
- Take home professional-quality photographs from your vacation of a lifetime. Back by popular demand, legendary National Geographic photographer Joe McNally leads small-group photography workshops at our Resort, teaching you about lighting and composition. We’ll equip you with Nikon lenses, DSLR cameras and Speedlights for you to use to make extraordinary images on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Take to the land and sea in this exclusive Hawaiian Kanpachi Experience. Embark on a private tour of Blue Ocean Mariculture’s hatchery, located just a few miles from the Resort, where a marine biologist teaches you about the life of Kanpachi from spawning through juvenile growth. Back at Four Seasons, the Resort’s Ribcraft boat will take you to the open-ocean pens to witness the feeding of the fish up close, and on your way back you'll be able to snorkel with marine life including spinner dolphins, tropical fish and honu. End the day with a custom five-course dinner featuring the Kanpachi prepared in various ways with wine pairings. Available to guests only Bookings must be made three days in advance
Learn more about Hualalai from our team
Unpacking List: Gifts from the Aina
It’s not the things you take with you that define your journey; it’s the experiences you have and the memories you bring home. Explore our Director of Guest Relations's five sensory "souvenirs."