Discover incredible things to do on Hawaii Island with our Only at Hualalai experiences that have been created to immerse you in the unique opportunities of the island. Let our expert concierge team tailor each experience to surpass your wildest expectations, or allow our dream makers to create your own Only at Hualalai experience.
Neil Kamimura Blacksmith Experience
- Journey to a secluded coffee farm on the hills of Hualalai where the famed, Hawaii Island-born blacksmith Neil Kamimura forges his state-of-the-art specialty knives. After an initial consultation, assist Neil in creating a unique, personalized knife: forging, pounding and adding a custom handle to complete the one-of-a-kind chef's knife to use in your kitchen, or to treasure as a piece of art. A chef by trade, Flora Kamimura, Neil’s wife, will create a custom lunch to enjoy between the efforts of constructing your creation. After your time spent with the knife master, return to the Resort and receive a knife-skills cooking class with a tenured Resort chef, using your new creation for the first time.
Hualalai Golf Hale Retreat
- Experience the highest level of state-of-the-art golf technology and refine your skills with our elite full-day Hualalai Golf Hale Retreat, led by an esteemed Hualalai Golf Professional. Your day will begin with a personal assessment, followed by an in-depth analysis of your golf mechanics using a combination of data, video, and simulator technologies including Sam Puttlab, TrackMan, Gears and Foresight. Enjoy a lunch curated just for you in the luxurious lounge area of the Hualalai Golf Hale before embarking on the second half of the day where you'll play nine holes on the Jack Nicklaus-designed Hualalai Golf Course. Your Hualalai Golf Professional will assist in incorporating the mechanics from the morning session into the outdoor course and specific strategies to improve your overall abilities. Your day will conclude with an overview and a copy of your mechanic analysis and strategy from your Hualalai Golf Professional.
- Explore the diverse natural offerings of Hawaii Island and tour Háloa Áina’s native Hawaiian 'Iliahi forest on the slopes of Mauna Loa with our 'Iliahi (Sandalwood) Experience. First, savour a bountiful brunch served beneath the cover of sandalwood and ohia trees. Then tour the farm, witnessing firsthand how the sandalwood oil is extracted and learn about the healing properties of this native tree. After your forest tour, return to the Resort for an exclusive 'Iliahi spa experience. Our resident spa intuitive leads a vibrational forest essence session, focusing on energy work with a sound bath. Then, be enveloped in the white flowering 'Iliahi body cocoon, sealing in moisturizing coconut oil and a fine sprinkle of sandalwood powder. The cocoon ends with a massage with highly emollient sandalwood oil.
Dave Scott Triathlon Experience
- Exclusively for Four Seasons guests, six-time Ironman champion Dave Scott hosts a five-day triathlon clinic. Join us for five days of coaching focused on each discipline of a triathlon. This bespoke clinic includes video analysis, pre-camp phone consultation and post-camp tailored training prescription, group meals and a welcome gift of triathlon apparel and gear. Our 2021 camp dates include June 7 to 11 and December 6 to 10.
- Take to the land and sea in this exclusive Hawaiian Kanpachi Experience. Embark on a private tour of Blue Ocean Mariculture’s hatchery, located just a few miles from the Resort, where a marine biologist teaches you about the life of Kanpachi from spawning through juvenile growth. Back at Four Seasons, the Resort’s Ribcraft boat will take you to the open-ocean pens to witness the feeding of the fish up close, and on your way back you'll be able to snorkel with marine life including spinner dolphins, tropical fish and honu. End the day with a custom five-course dinner featuring the Kanpachi prepared in various ways with wine pairings. Available to guests only Bookings must be made three days in advance
Learn more about Hualalai from our team
Unpacking List: Gifts from the Aina
It’s not the things you take with you that define your journey; it’s the experiences you have and the memories you bring home. Explore our Director of Guest Relations's five sensory "souvenirs."