Directions & Maps
About the Location
Lanai is approximately 13 miles (21 kilometres) wide and 18 miles (29 kilometres) long, with ground elevations varying from sea level to more than 3,400 feet (1,036 metres). The central landscape offers mist-shrouded mountains and forests of Cook Island pines where wild deer roam. White-sand beaches and red lava cliffs dominate the coastline, while clear Pacific waters host a rich marine ecosystem. A place of deep cultural significance, Lanai features many historic sites and unique topographical attractions. The island’s only community is the quaint town of Lanai City, with a full-time population of just over 3,000.
Ohana by Hawaiian Airlines offers a number of flights daily from Honolulu International Airport (HNL) to Lanai Airport (LNY), located just west of Lanai City. Guests of Four Seasons Resort Lanai travelling through Honolulu’s airport earn complimentary entry to our exclusive luxury airport lounge, a spacious and quiet retreat offering food and beverage services, entertainment, and Wi-Fi access.
Air Service Hawaii offers FBO operations at Lanai Airport including jet refueling, planeside access, catering and more. Please contact the Lanai Ambassador Desk at +1 808-565-2388 or email us for more information.
View Directions to the Resort From
Approximate Flight Time From Honolulu International Airport (HNL) to Lanai
Approximate Ferry Time From Maui to Lanai
Time and Distance From Resort to Lanai City Centre
20 minutes/7 miles/11.3 kilometres
GMT -10 hours
Hawaii–Aleutian Standard Time
Enjoy a comfortable lounge just for Four Seasons Lanai guests, located at Honolulu International Airport.
The Expeditions passenger ferry offers daily services between Lahaina, Maui and the Manele Small Boat Harbor on Lanai, just a three-minute drive from the Resort. The scenic ferry ride is 45 minutes, and there are five round-trip ferries throughout the day.
Reservations at least 24 hours prior to departure are required and can be booked online or by calling 1-800-695-2624.
- From the Kahului Airport (OGG) on Maui, driving time to the ferry is approximately 45 minutes. Taxi fares are approximately USD 85 each way; taxes and service fees are not included.
- Taxi services from the airport or other locations on Maui may be arranged through our Lanai Ambassador Desk (+1 808-565-2388) or email email@example.com.
Resort Transfer Service
Complimentary shared luxury shuttle service is included with all reservations.* This includes arrival and departure transfers and intra-island shuttles, as well as activity and golf shuttles to and from the Resort. Those booking an Ohana Suite or higher accommodation category will receive upgraded arrival and departure transfers in our private Mercedes-Benz SUV.
Private arrival and departure options are also available for a fee.
For all island arrivals and departures, transportation services must be arranged with the Resort at least 72 hours in advance.
Guests will be greeted on arrival at the airport or harbour by a uniformed Resort representative. Luggage will be tagged and transported while guests are escorted to their transfer vehicle, which will take them to Lanai.
RESORT TRANSFER SERVICE
Rates for Private Transportation from Lanai Airport
- Private Mercedes SUV: USD 214.50 one way, per vehicle, maximum four passengers per vehicle.
- Private Mercedes Sprinter: USD 434.50 one way, per vehicle, maximum 14 passengers per vehicle.
Rates for Private Transporation from Manele Harbor
- Private Mercedes SUV: USD 93.50 one way, per vehicle, maximum 4 passengers per vehicle.
- Private Mercedes Sprinter: USD 192.50 one way, per vehicle, maximum 14 passengers per vehicle.
*Guests arriving via independent private chartered flights, helicopters or chartered boats must arrange transportation in advance, and fees will apply.
Rates are before Hawaii General Excise Tax of 4.166%.
Select Your Own Vehicle From Our Rental Fleet
Let our Lanai Ambassadors assist in booking a vehicle from the Four Seasons Resort Lanai Rental Fleet to explore our 90,000-acre island destination. Remember that only 30 miles (48 kilometres) of Lanai’s roads are paved, so for serious exploring a four-wheel-drive vehicle is in order. Choose from a Jeep Wrangler, Toyota Highlander, Jeep Cherokee, Toyota Land Cruiser, Range Rover and Mercedes SL, starting from USD 225 per 24-hour period.
Rental periods include a one-time full tank of gas, taxes and fees, and do not include insurance. Guest must be at least 25 years of age with a valid driver’s license. Please contact the Lanai Ambassador Desk at +1 808-565-2388 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Island Resort Shuttle
Visit the charming plantation town of Lanai City, courtesy of complimentary luxury Resort shuttles. Shuttles run hourly from Lanai City and the Resort. Reservations are required; please call the Ambassador Desk (ext. 2390) or Bell Stand (ext. 2383) for a schedule and to reserve a seat.
|Travel time||20 minutes|
|Distance||9 miles / 14.5 kilometres|
- From Lanai City Airport, turn east onto Kaumalapau Highway (Highway 440) and continue for 3 miles (4.8 kilometres).
- At the intersection, turn right onto Manele Road (Highway 440 S).
- Continue for 6 miles (9.7 kilometres); the Resort is on your right.
|Travel time||3 minutes|
|Distance||0.6 miles / 1 kilometre|
- Turn right on to HI-440; Keep right to stay on HI-440 and travel about 0.3 miles (0.5 kilometres).
- Turn left on to Hulopoe Drive and travel about 0.2 miles (0.3 kilometres).
- Turn left on to Manele Bay Road; you’ll arrive at the Resort.