Whether it’s by land, sea or sky, Lanai’s unspoiled island paradise comes with a healthy dose of adrenaline. Lace up your hiking shoes and explore the upland trails, swim with spinner dolphins in Hulopoe Bay, or see the dramatic cliffs and broad beaches from a soaring helicopter. Lanai Adventures can help you plan your perfect day.
Let the Adventure Begin
- Bird’s-Eye Views
Soar above the mountains, rainforests and red lava cliffs of Lanai and circle the nearby Hawaiian islands of Maui, Molokai and Hawaii during a private helicopter ride or a hands-on, private, plane-flying session with Maui Flight Academy.
- Lanai by Horseback
Saddle up and ride into the hills surrounding Koele, once the centre of ranching operations on the island, or explore the wooded valleys and trails of this extraordinary upland terrain, home to axis deer, mouflon sheep and turkey.
Spot the second-highest sea cliffs in the world before anchoring at your chosen snorkel destination, then ease into the water to explore coral-reef systems and submerged rocks teeming with tropical fish, green sea turtles and gentle reef sharks.
- 4-by-4 Jeep Excursions
Many of the island’s natural wonders are best reached by 4-by-4 vehicle. Rent a Jeep and hit the dirt roads at your own pace with a picnic lunch in tow, or let one of our knowledgeable guides take you for a incredible ride.
- UTV Cultural Tours
Venture off the beaten path during a guided 1.5-hour Polaris off-road excursion. Your driver will steer you across the island’s varying terrain, through majestic ironwood forests and verdant valleys, while sharing the history and culture of the island.
- The island’s contrasting landscapes offer natural motivation for exploring on foot. Take self-guided walks along short trails, or test your endurance during more strenuous climbs to stunning vistas.
- Experience scenic Lanai on two wheels. Rent mountain bikes from Lanai Adventures and take to the red-dirt roads of the upland region, the coastal road along Keomuku Beach, or tour around Lanai City, the former pineapple-plantation town that’s now home to charming cafés and boutiques.
- Enjoy your archery experience at the Lanai Archery and Shooting Range. A private, introductory lesson prepares you to take aim at traditional and 3-D archery targets from 5 to 25 yards away.
- Sporting Clays
- Set your aim on sporting clays launched to simulate duck, quail, dove, pheasant and hopping rabbits at the 14-station course in Lanai’s highlands. Competitive shooters will find plenty to challenge them amid the wooded course, while beginners and younger shooters can hone their skills with private instruction.
- Field Sports
- With a commitment to best management practices, High Adventure Company jointly manages guided operations on Lanai through a partnership with Pineapple Brothers.
- Hulopoe Bay Beach and Marine Preserve
- Steps from the Resort sits idyllic Hulopoe Beach, your destination for splashing, swimming and snorkelling. Lounge amid shady palms, spot dolphins and Hawaiian green sea turtles, and swim with schools of tropical reef fish. The protected marine preserve is among the best snorkelling and diving spots in Hawaii, so jump in and explore the underwater world.
- Private Charters
- Get out on the water with snorkel sails, two-tank cert dive, whale watching, sunset sailing, private island shuttle, private fishing and custom tours.
- Scuba Diving
- Experienced divers from around the world come to Lanai for the Cathedrals, two magnificent underwater sites formed by lava flows just minutes from the Resort; but a range of other diverse sites keep them coming back, too.
- Deep-Sea Fishing
- Anglers seeking small- or big-game fish enjoy a sportsman’s paradise on Lanai, where the quarry is mahimahi, wahoo, yellowfin tuna and, occasionally, Pacific blue marlin.