Inspired by the Polynesian navigational traditions of wayfinding – to voyage and navigate canoes to unchartered areas – Four Seasons is pleased to showcase #FSWAYFINDERS, an on-going weekly series featuring art, culture, history, and in-depth workshops. Like an ancient voyage, discover first-hand a myriad of new experiences relating to Hawaii and the Pacific, weaving together traditions of the past with a sometimes modern spin. Cultivate, create, and curate with Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina.
- Hula Lessons with La'akea Perry
Kumu Hula La’akea Perry comes from a talented ohana, rooted in Hawaiian culture. He is the kumu hula for Ke Kai O Kahiki, an award-winning hula halau based in Wai’anae. Learn the foundational movements of hula from an Alaka’i (leader) in this interactive workshop on February 1, 8, 15 and 22, from 8:30 am to 9:30 am.
- Ukulele Workshop with Roy Sakuma
Renowned for his ukulele instruction, Hawaii’s own Roy Sakuma brings his signature instruction and passion for the ukulele to Four Seasons Resort Oahu. Learn beginning techniques, discover the history of the ukulele and master a song in the very first lesson on February 4, 11, 18 and 25, from 10:00 am to 11:00 am.
- Stars Above Hawaii
Enjoy an evening of stargazing and astronomical education at Four Seasons on February 1, 5, 8, 12, 15, 19, 22 and 26, from 8:00 pm. Learn about Hawaiian star lines and ancient Polynesian voyaging, take in magnificent views of the moon, the planets, stars, star clusters, stellar nurseries and galaxies.
- February 1, 8, 15 and 22, 9:00 am–11:00 am
Ni'ihau Shell Jewellery-Making Workshop with Ha'aheo Hawaiian
The Island of Ni'ihau is renowned for its beautiful, yet extremely rare shells. Artisans use the ornate shells for authentic lei and jewelry. Join Ha'aheo Hawaiian for a Ni'ihau fine art jewelry making workshop and create your very own one-of-a-kind earrings.
- February 2 and 27, 2:00 pm–5:00 pm
Lessons in Lauhala – Weaving Workshop with Aloma Wang
Join us for our complimentary ‘Lessons in Lauhala’ weaving workshop with lauhala practitioner Aloma Wang. Learn the history, craft and cultural significance of this ancient practice. Weave your very own wearable art, such as bracelets. Guests are invited to join at their leisure.
- February 2, 9, 16 and 23, 10:00 am–12:00 am
Jan Tetsutani Painting Workshop
Take to the canvas with Jan Tetsutani, a renowned Hawaiian artist, at our exclusive #FSWayfinder’s painting workshop. With the beautiful Pacific Ocean as an inspiring backdrop, allow Jan to help guide your paintbrush as you create your very own masterpiece.
- February 7, 14, 21 and 28, 11:00 am–12:30 pm
Painting Workshop with Lauren Brown
Known for her custom surfboard designs, artist Lauren Brown hosts our exclusive ‘Board’ Room painting workshop and exhibit. Inspired by her love of the ocean and Hawaii’s pristine, natural beauty, Lauren’s custom surfboard and canvas artwork captures the essence of the islands – from flowers and fauna, to waterfalls and waves. Join Lauren for a two-hour acrylic painting workshop on mini wooden surfboards and create your very own masterpiece.
- February 1, 8 and 15, 12:00 pm–2:00 pm
Live a Lei Life! Koi & Kai's Lei Stand
Designed exclusively for Four Seasons, enjoy an afternoon of lei making using a collection of florals and shell. Make your very own heirloom floral lei, or be inspired by the sea with a bounty of beautiful shell options. The stand also features ready-made leis. Please sign up with the Concierge.
- February 2, 6, 13, 20 and 27, 11:00 am–3:00 pm and February 3, 10, 17 and 24, from 12:00 pm
Join Kapa Kava for an in-depth kava making workshop. Learn the ancient history and medicinal practices of kava. The workshop is USD 75 per person. Please sign up with the Concierge.
- Moonlight Market – Shopping & Sips under the Stars
- Four Seasons presents an extraordinary evening of shopping under the stars at the Moonlight Market. The curated event will feature an array of bespoke artists and exhibitors showcasing their authentic products, all capturing a deep sense of place here in Hawaii. From paintings to jewelry, clothing and home decor, to children's apparel, the Moonlight Market is Ko Olina's premiere shopping destination. The market will take place on the Ocean Lawn. March 23, 5:00 pm–8:00 pm