Adventure awaits. Experience a collection of Hawaii pursuits reflective of the area’s deeply rooted traditions and relationship to the land and ocean. From sailing along the western coastline on a traditional outrigger canoe to watching the sunrise from Ka'ena Point, Oahu is an inspiring backdrop for adventure.
ADVENTURES IN NATURE
- Hike the Realm of the Gods
Embark on a spiritual journey to Ka‘ena Point, a remote and scenic nature reserve that harbours some of the last vestiges of coastal sand dune habitat on the island. Here, at the westernmost tip of Oahu, Kumu Hula La`akea Perry shares stories of the Leaping Rock, long held to be a sacred place where mortal souls make the final leap into the realm of the gods.
- CLIFF JUMPING
The North Shore beach of Waimea Bay Beach Park is outfitted with cliff-jumping spots perfect for thrill seekers. The recommended time to go is during summer months, when the bay’s waters are calmer than during the big-wave surf season.
- Earth, wind & fire
Climb aboard a luxurious Bell 470 helicopter for a once-in-a-lifetime private charter to Big Island to see one of the world’s most active volcanoes with exclusive access to the Hawaii islands’ natural landmarks. In an action packed day trip from Ko'Olina, up to six guests fly over scenic areas, including the cliffs on the coast of Molokai, black sand beaches in Kona, waterfalls on the lush Hamakua coast, Pu’uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park and more. After landing at the Hawaiian legacy forest above the historic Umikoa village to help replant endemic tree species, visit a local coffee plantation and enjoy a chef’s table with wine pairings.
- Ma'ili Pillbox Hike
- Trek to the famed Ma'ili Pill Box along Oahu's western coast for a morning or sunset hike with stunning unobstructed views of the western coastline.
- Mountain Adventures at Kualoa Ranch
- Including horseback riding, ATV excursions, zipline tours and mountain biking
- Ka’aumoana – A West Oahu Ocean Sailing and Paddling Experience
Experience Ka’aumoana, an exclusive ocean activities program with sailing, paddling and snorkeling excursions centered on the Hawaiian wa’a experience. Under the direction of #FSWayfinder Nakoaokalani Prejean, experienced watermen and women guide Four Seasons guests in a multitude of safe, open ocean experiences for all ages, departing directly from Four Seasons beautiful white sand beach cove. Each ocean journey highlights the mo’omeheu Hawai’i (Hawaiian culture) and the mo’olelo (history and stories) of Oahu’s ruggedly beautiful leeward coast, led by certified ocean guides who share how traditional knowledge is practiced to protect and perpetuate the unspoiled natural beauty of West Oahu’s pristine marine environment – frequented by humpback whales, spinner dolphins and Hawaiian green sea turtles.
- Luxury yachting
Our Sea Ray SLX 400 offers ultimate luxury and style and state-of-the-art technology as you fly alongside spinner dolphins and humpback whales with views of the majestic Waianae mountain range. Feel the thrill of the ride, slow down to soak in the sunset or slip into the water from the private dropdown swim terrace where you can snorkel and swim in pristine coastal waters against the backdrop of mystical Makua Valley.
- Paddle Board
- Stand-up paddle board in Ko Olina's turquoise lagoon
- Underwater Fun
- Embark on a snorkeling adventure and discover Ko Olina's underwater world teeming with tropical reef fish
- Enjoy a day in the outrigger canoe paddling along the western coastline
- Ko hana mai tai mixology
Experience hand-harvested heirloom sugarcane varieties distilled into one of the world's finest agricole rums by Ko Hana Distilleries. In this one–hour workshop at the Bar at Hokulea, you will learn the flavour profiles that characterize iconic cocktails such as the Hawaiian Mai Tai with our expert mixologists.
Oahu’s western coastline is home to revered cultural storytellers, artisans, crafters and some of Hawaii’s most fascinating living legends. Learn to play the ukulele with Roy Sakuma, take a class with local artist Jan Tetsutani, or attend a workshop in lei making, weaving or hula dancing with renowned Kumu Hula La'akea Perry, with Ke Kai O Kahiki, during this unique and ongoing weekly series.
- Stargazing and Polynesian Navigation
- Join Stars Above Hawaii for the Resort's weekly program and take in magnificent views of the moon, planets and galaxies, sharing an experience that inspired Polynesians to epic ocean voyages thousands of years ago, using only the stars to navigate.
- Shrimp Trucks
- A visit to the North Shore would not be complete without a stop at the area's famed shrimp trucks, serving up delicious eats like garlic shrimp plates.
- Shave Ice
- A colorful and tropical-flavored shave ice is considered a quintessential Hawaiian must-try for visitors and favorites include Waiola Shave Ice and Matsumoto Shave Ice.