Nestled in our historic ikeniwa, or pond garden, Shakusui-tei is our intimate Tea Ceremony Room – one of two contemporary venues in our Tea House. Available exclusively for private parties, Shakusui-tei is designed to immerse up to five guests in the spiritual beauty and traditional craft of Japanese practices with customized experiences such as a Tea Master Ceremony or a Maiko or Geiko-hosted evening.
- One-Week Advance Reservation Required
- Tea Experiences offered daily 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- JPY 8,000 PER PERSON
- PRICE IS FOR RESERVATIONS INCLUDING TWO TO FIVE PEOPLE *SUBJECT TO SERVICE CHARGE AND TAX
- The Tea Master's Secret to a Bowl of Tea
Immerse yourself in the world of tea with a renowned, local tea master.
- An intimate setting in a historic garden
Enjoy the tranquil ambience of the Tea House, surrounded by an 800-year-old pond garden.
- An intimate evening in your own private Tea Room
Revel in an evening with Maiko or Geiko as you experience the artistry of traditional Japanese entertaining. Note: This experience applies only to guests booking a Residential Suite stay on our Best Available Room Rate, and is valid until March 15, 2020.
- Experience True Craftsmanship
Our Tea Ceremony Room is designed by local artist Ryosuke Yamamoto, a true Japanese "Shokunin" (master craftsman).