- Chef Fest Grand Tasting | Wednesday November 13, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Interact with guest chefs, winemakers and local farmers as you sample hand-crafted pastries by Executive Pastry Chef Kalani Garcia and taste wine and cocktails specific to the island. The cost of USD 125 includes wine and cocktails.
- Ohana Dinner | Thursday November 14, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Enjoy ohana-style communal cuisine specially prepared by chefs Claude Le Tohic, Mashama Bailey, Jeremiah Stone, Fabian von Hauske Valtierra, Luca Moriconi, Thomas Bellec, and Kalani Garcia. The cost of USD 220 includes wine.
- Aloha Friday Beach Cookout | Friday November 15, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Leave your shoes behind for a beach cookout to remember! Mix and mingle with Chefs Charles Phan, Gabrielle Hamilton, Kris Yenbamroong, Cyrille Pannier, Thomas Bellec, and Kalani Garcia as they prepare their delicacies right on the beach. The cost of USD 220 includes wine and cocktails.
- Chef Fest Gala Dinner | Saturday November 16, 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Join us for the Gala Dinner, the highlight of the week featuring expertly crafted cuisine perfectly paired with exquisite wines. The cost of USD 300 includes wine pairings.
- Louis Roederer Bocce and Brunch with the Chefs | Wednesday November 13, 9:00 am – 10:30 am
Relax alongside our guest chefs during a game of bocce ball while enjoying breakfast pizzas, mimosas and beverages provided by Louis Roederer. The cost of this event is USD 60++.
- Cooking Academy with Guest Chefs | Thursday – Saturday, 11:00 am and 2:00 pm
Join us throughout the week in our Herb Garden as each guest chef hosts their own private cooking class. In this intimate setting, you’ll learn new cooking techniques and gain insight into the background and practices of each chef. The cost is USD 120++ for each class.
Other Event Highlights
- Patron Lounge at Palm Grove Pool
- The Palm Grove adult pool evolves into our Patron Lounge throughout the week of Chef Fest. Swim up to the pool bar for exclusive featured cocktails, or recline poolside while enjoying the sounds of tropical breezes and lounge music. The Patron Lounge is the perfect place to gather with other Chef Fest attendees between the culinary events of the day. Daily, 11:00 am to Sunset
- Cocktail Demonstrations with Guest Mixologists at Beach Tree Stage
- Join us for daily oceanfront cocktail demonstrations by our featured mixologists. Each mixologist will be using their expertise to create their own creative and delicious beverage for guests to sample. These esteemed mixologists will also be featured at dinner events throughout the week. We are honored to welcome back: Julie Reiner of Clover Club and Leyenda Kyle Reutner of KoHana Hawaiian Agricole Rum Chandra Lucariello of Southern Glazers Wine & Spirits of Hawaii Daily, 1:00 pm – 1:30 pm
- Wine Blending Class featuring Domaine Anderson
- Join us for a fun, educational and interactive wine seminar as Head Winemaker Darrin Low will not only introduce you to a number of his terrific wines, but will also assist you in creating your own personal blend of Pinot Noir from several barrel samples of his seductive and delicious Pinot Noir. Come, sample, sip and create. Wednesday, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm, USD 140++
- Mixology Class with Julie Reiner
- Join highly acclaimed guest mixologist Julie Reiner in this fun and interactive seminar, as she provides advice, tips, tricks and techniques that will help you throw a memorable party for your guests. There will be delicious and original cocktail recipes and demonstrations as well as sampling. Each attendee will receive a signed copy of her highly successful book, The Craft Cocktail Party. Thursday, 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm, USD 60++
- Haku Lei Making with Meleana Estes at Beach Tree Lawn
- Join Oahu-based lei maker Meleana Estes for lessons on creating your own beautiful lei. Haku Leis, or Lei Po'o, are traditional Hawaiian adornments worn around the head. Browse through an assortment of beautiful tropical flowers, ferns and leaves to create your own custom arrangement. Then wear your creation to the Aloha Friday Beach Cookout at Kumukea Beach. Friday, 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Rare Wine Tasting with Colgin Cellars
- Please join us for a rare and once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, as we walk through the vineyards of The Colgin Estate, located in the Pritchard HIlls area of St. Helena in Napa Valley, California. Sip, swirl and savour some of the most exhilarating wines on the planet as Master Sommelier Roberto Viernes guides us through the flight of 10 different wines and multiple vintages. USD 190++ Friday, 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Handmade Art Show
- Exquisite culinary experiences require wonderful serving and presentation dishes. Tiffany’s Art Agency, located in Hawi, Hawaii, joins us with a curated Handmade Show featuring some of Hawaii Island’s top artists and craftspeople. Discover a variety of quality, handmade functional works and food-inspired paintings that will serve as treasured memories of Chef Fest and your time at Hualalai. Daily, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm in the Lobby
Chef Fest Package
Chef Fest Package Benefits
- Starting at USD 6,240++
- Four nights accommodation for two in an Ocean-View room
- Two tickets to Chef Fest Grand Tasting
- Two tickets to Ohana Chef Fest Dinner
- Two tickets to Aloha Friday Beach Cookout Dinner
- Two tickets to Chef Fest Gala Dinner
Claude le Tohic
Jeremiah Stone and Fabian von Hauske Valtierra
Chef Fest Sponsors
- Absolut Elyx
- Southern Wines & Spirits
- United Mileage Plus
- The Private Suite
- Maisons Marques & Domaines