Flexible school schedules and accessible e-learning mean it’s now easier than ever to enjoy a family getaway when school is in session. Parents now have the option of enrolling their virtual learners in a supervised schoolwork session held in a quiet, dedicated learning space at Four Seasons Resort Orlando. After their schoolwork is complete, kids can experience the ultimate “recess” at our private five-acre water park, while parents relax and rejuvenate at the tranquil adult-only pool.
Virtual learners can enjoy schoolwork sessions supervised by our incredible Kids For All Seasons team in the resort’s spacious event rooms, with no more than six children per class. Each student will have a dedicated desk area, physically distanced from the other students. The daily schedule is:
- 9:00 am to 12:00 Noon: Supervised virtual learning and assistance, snack break included (Half-day participants depart at Noon)
- Lunch break: Students opting for a full day will order lunch off a set menu.
- 1:00 – 2:00 pm: Optional enrichment period – Choice of Arts and Crafts or Physical Education.
- 2:00 – 3:00 pm: Continued virtual learning
- 3:00 pm: Parents pick up their child(ren), or sign their kids into the Kids For All Seasons program, which offers complimentary supervised childcare and programming until 5:00 pm.
The supervised study sessions are available Monday through Friday for school-aged children (USD 50 per child for a half-day session, USD 100 per child for the full session including lunch). Due to capacity limitations, reservations must be confirmed at least 48 hours in advance. Attendees must be registered overnight guests of the Resort to participate.
To reserve, please contact us via Chat on the Four Seasons App, 407-313-6868 or email@example.com.
- The Ultimate Recess
After the study sessions are complete, kids can let loose at Explorer Island, the resort’s private five-acre water park. Little ones will have a blast swimming in the Explorer Pool, floating down the lazy river, zooming down the water slides, and enjoying outdoor recreation such as sand volleyball, basketball, foosball, table-tennis, and more. Plus, Kids For All Seasons offers complimentary activity programming through 5pm daily, including supervised swim time.
- Breaks for Parents
While kids are learning for the majority of the day, parents can relish time to themselves. Relax by the Resort’s exclusive adult-only Oasis Pool, lined with palm trees and white cabanas, with attentive cocktail servers at the ready. Our Spa features a variety of treatments to renew and refresh, from massages to signature treatments such as the Vibrational Sound Therapy, Cryotherapy and Vitality Drips. Swing over to Four Seasons Golf and Sports Club Orlando to hit the links on our Tom Fazio-designed 18-hole course, home to the LPGA Tour’s 2021 Tournament of Champions.
For parents who wish to add on enrichment opportunities with private instruction, we can facilitate individual sessions with our on-site experts.
- Rod Cook, PGA, Director of Golf Instruction, offers a one-hour class on different golf skill sets, such as chipping, putting and driving.
- More active recreation can be enjoyed on the Resort’s three Har-Tru courts with tennis lessons by Alain Labrecque, PBI Certified Instructor.
- Little chefs can try a pasta- or pizza-making classes with Executive Chef Fabrizio Schenardi, or a chocolate-making class with Executive Pastry Chef Rabii Saber, 2019 James Beard Award finalist for Outstanding Pastry Chef.
- For a truly unique lesson, children can learn about the healing benefits of Vibrational Sound Therapy, led by Master Therapist Stephany Collins, a licensed sound therapy and massage therapist
In addition, we can arrange “Behind the Scenes” career education, such as the science behind maintaining the turf of our pristine golf course with Stephen Tucker, Director of Golf Maintenance, where kids can learn about the process of maintaining the grasses and keeping the course in prime condition. Tucker is founder and past president of the International Golf Course Equipment Manager’s Association (IGCEM), and is an expert on turf management.
*These sessions may be arranged directly through the Concierge; hourly fees vary based on the type of instruction.