From dining under the stars as the surf crashes at your feet, to a tour of our on-property oyster farm, our Resort offers activities that highlight the island’s incredible bounty for food lovers.
- Hualalai Seafood Experience
Sip Champagne and taste freshly harvested oysters as a Resort Marine Naturalist takes you on a behind-the-scenes tour of our unique oyster farming process. The tour then leads to the Resort’s Herb Garden, where a chef shares the interworkings of Four Seasons Resort Hualalai’s hyper-local food and beverage philosophy, and invites guests to catch a Pacific White Shrimp from the shrimp pens. The experience concludes at ‘Ulu Ocean Grill, where you can enjoy a five-course custom meal featuring the Resort’s oysters and shrimp, as well as other local produce and seafood. Available seasonally.
- Private Cooking Class and Garden Tour
A Resort chef takes you on the ultimate garden-to-table experience. Discover the fresh Hawaii Island produce growing in our own garden before your chef leads you through a back-to-basics cooking class and helps you prepare a delectable meal.
- Omakase Experience
Omakase is to dine while entrusting your meal to the Chef. The omakase experience at ‘ULU Ocean Grill + Sushi Lounge is a multi-course meal that is a contemporary and reflective experience of Hawaii Island. Combining ingredients, both local and Japanese, with traditional preparations and a touch of modernity, courses will transition from an array of otsumami (small dishes) to sushi.
- Wine Tasting and Pairing Class
Join ‘ULU General Manager Paul Jennette as he guides you through a wine tasting journey. Whether you are just igniting your interest in wine or are already an aficionado, Paul will provide an opportunity to refine your knowledge and enjoy the delicate process of wine tasting.
More Dining Experiences
- Chef’s Table at ‘ULU
- Gather friends or family for this one-of-a-kind dining experience. Our chef will prepare a gourmet, five-course meal to your specifications, using the island’s finest seasonal ingredients and pairing each dish with a unique wine.
- Private Mixology Class
- Shake, stir and sample with the help of our mixologist, who will teach you new recipes and expert techniques, as well as help you craft your very own signature cocktail.
- Romance Under the Stars
- An escort leads you and your partner to your table for two on the sand, just feet from the water, before you’re served Champagne to toast each other by the glow of the setting sun. Then embark on a four-course dinner designed just for you, accompanied by flowers, lights and the sound of the surf.
- Friday Night Market at ‘Ulu
- Enjoy a selection of interpretations of Asian-Pacific Night-Market cuisine by Executive Chef Richard Polhemus. Chef Polhemus uses the hyper-local ingredients the island of Hawaii abundantly provides to share his inspired menu in the oceanfront elegance of ‘Ulu Ocean Grill.
- Sunday Supper at Beach Tree
- Relax and dine while taking in front-row views of the sunset at Beach Tree during Italian family-style Sunday Suppers. Join us with your ‘ohana to enjoy a myriad of menu items such as farm-fresh salads, local catch specials, house-made pasta and Nonna’s classic tiramisu.