From dining under the stars as the surf crashes at your feet, to a tour of our on-property oyster farm, our Resort offers activities that highlight the island’s incredible bounty for food lovers.
- Hualalai Seafood Experience
Sip champagne and taste freshly harvested oysters as a Resort Marine Naturalist takes you on a behind-the-scenes tour of our unique oyster farming process. The tour then leads to the Resort's Herb Garden, where a chef shares the inter-workings of Four Seasons Resort Hualalai's hyper-local food and beverage philosophy and invites guests to catch a Pacific White Shrimp from the shrimp pens. The experience concludes at 'Ulu Ocean Grill, where you can enjoy a five-course custom meal featuring the Resort's oysters, shrimp, as well as other local produce and seafood. Available seasonally.
- Private Cooking Class and Garden Tour
A Resort chef takes you on the ultimate garden-to-table experience. Discover the fresh Hawaii Island produce growing in our own garden before your chef leads you through a back-to-basics cooking class and helps you to prepare a delectable meal.
- Omakase Experience
Omakase is to dine while entrusting your meal to the Chef. The omakase experience at ‘ULU Ocean Grill + Sushi Lounge is a multi-coursed meal that is a contemporary and reflective experience of Hawaii Island. Combining ingredients, both local and Japanese, with traditional preparations and a touch of modernity, courses will transition from an array of otsumami (small dishes) to sushi.
- Wine Tasting and Pairing Class
Join ‘ULU General Manager, Paul Jennette, as he guides you through a wine tasting journey. Whether you are just igniting your interest in wine or are already an afficionado, Paul will provide an opportunity to refine your knowledge and enjoy the delicate process of wine tasting.
More Dining Experiences
- Chef’s Table at ‘ULU
- Gather friends or family for this one-of-a-kind dining experience. Our chef will prepare a gourmet, five-course meal to your specifications, using the island’s finest seasonal ingredients and pairing each dish with a unique wine.
- Private Mixology Class
- Shake, stir and sample with the help of our mixologist, who will teach you new recipes and expert techniques, as well as help you craft your very own signature cocktail.
- Romance Under the Stars
- An escort leads you and your partner to your table for two on the sand, just feet from the water, before you’re served Champagne to toast each other by the glow of the setting sun. Then embark on a four-course dinner designed just for you, accompanied by flowers, lights and the sound of the surf.
- Churrasco Night at The Hualalai Grille | Thursdays, 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Dive into Chef James Ebreo’s Latin American inspired cuisine with Churrasco. Savour top cuts of Wagyu and other meats served with chimichurri and criolla sauces, complemented by a traditional beans and rice dish. Complete the evening by sipping world-class Paul Hobbs wines from Argentina.