- Cream Tea with Seasonal Jams and Devonshire Clotted Cream
- Selection of Finger Sandwiches
- Selection of Pastries
THE CROWN JEWELS AFTERNOON TEA
Our Heritage Afternoon Tea is inspired by the Crown Jewels. Kings and Queens of England have stored crowns, robes, and other items of their ceremonial regalia at the Tower of London for over 600 years. Our afternoon tea reflects this rich history, Indulge in sweet and savoury Crown treats served on our beautiful bespoke Richard Brendon chinaware, specially designed for the afternoon tea service
- With a Glass of Delamotte Brut Champagne
- With a Glass of Ruinart, Blanc de Blanc
Selection of Finger Sandwiches
- Minted Cucumber
- Mint Infused Cream Cheese
- Egg Mayonnaise
- Truffle Oil, Wholegrain Mustard, Cress
- Smoked Salmon
- Cured Smoked Salmon, Dill, Parsley, Tarragon, Capers
- Coronation Chicken
- Crème Fraîche, Mango, Raisins
- Beef Pastrami
- Herbs, Sauerkraut, Mizzuna, English Mustard
Selection of Pastries
- Griotte, Amarena Cherries & Liquorice
- Rhubarb, Jasmine Tea Chantilly, Strawberry & Combawa Confit
- Lemon Meringue, Hazelnut Streusel and Lime Jelly
- Manjari Chocolate, Sancho Berries and Fresh Raspberries
Homemade Plain & Raisin Scones
With Seasonal Jams and Devonshire Clotted Cream
- Single Estate English Breakfast
- (Satemwa Estate, Shire Highlands, Malawi) Hand-crafted black tea from a small, independent estate in the Shire Highlands. The oldest tea estate in Malawi and still family run. Deep, rich and malty, it has notes of caramel and burnt sugar. Delicious black, becoming sweet and chocolaty with the addition of milk.
- Earl Grey
- (Satemwa Estate, Malawi and Reggio Calabria, Italy) A traditional Earl Grey blended with single estate black tea and pure bergamot oil. This is a classic British tea made to exacting standards. A clean and exceptionally bright infusion with exhilarating citrus notes. It can be enjoyed with or without milk, or a twist of lemon zest.
- Premium Keemun
- (Anhui Province, China) Hand crafted black tea from one of the most beautiful tea garden’s in China, where the terraces are shaded by ancient forest. The flavour is biscuity with subtle woody notes and milk chocolate with a silky, almost buttery, texture.
- Rare Chai
- A rich black tea with freshly ground spices. Unlike a traditional Chai, which often uses a low-grade tea and disguises it with spices, this is a beautifully hand-crafted tea carefully balanced and enhanced.
- Lapsang Souchong
- (Wuyi Mountains, Fujian Province, China) A Lapsang unlike any other. Made using traditional methods, the fresh leaf is smoked over pine wood. This tea contains deep notes of wood, peat and smoke like a fine malt whisky. Singularly rich and profoundly delicious.
- Da Hong Pao
- (Wuyi Mountains, Wuyishan, China) Perhaps the finest oolong in China, grown from a unique and ancient cultivar in the Wuyishan UNECSO world heritage site. Notes of nutty chocolate, and a rounded, earthy, yet sweet aroma.
- Dragonwell - Longjing
- (Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, China) Fresh sweetness with rich green vegetal flavours and subtle note of hazelnuts.
- (Shizuoka, Kyoto Prefecture, Japan) Top grade Sencha with organic, Japanese brown rice. Crafted by Moriuchi-san - one of the most revered tea masters in Japan, on his 200-year-old family run, tea garden. This Sencha is remarkably complex and deep. Rich, verdant notes with an aroma of popcorn.
- (GreenAnhui, China) Also known as Mao Feng, Fur Peak for the downy hairs on the spring buds. The leaves are painstakingly hand rolled by masters resulting in an extraordinarily fine green tea. Soft hay with notes of apricots and an elegant and lingering buttery finish.
- Jasmine Silver Tip
- (Fuding, Fujian Province, China) The tea is not flavoured but carefully scented over six consecutive nights with fresh jasmine flowers. Deep & heady aroma. Delicate & elegant.
- Rare White Blend
- (Fujian and Yunnan China, Thyolo Malawi) A delicate blend of the earliest Spring picked leaf and buds. This blend combines the grassy, sweetness of Silver Tips with the more profound flavours of White Peony.
- Whole Chamomile Flowers
- (Slavonija & Podravina, Croatia) Carefully dried and kept intact for a sweet and soft flavour. Clean and subtle, wonderfully calming.
- Cornish Peppermint
- (Tregothnan Estate, Cornwall, UK) The menthol oils infuse more easily from the dried leaf, giving a brighter, cleaner flavour than fresh mint.
- Wild Rooibos
- (Cederberg Mountains, South Africa) Deep earthy notes, bright red berries & cedar. Beautifully enhanced by the addition of a twist of lemon zest.
- Lemon Blend
- (Sri Lanka, Malawi & France) Vibrant lemongrass from Sri Lanka & Malawi has been blended with some soft, smooth French Lemon Verbena. A full-bodied infusion with grassy notes of fresh hay & the sweetness of lemon drops.
- Lemon Verbena & Sweet Cicely
- (Forests of Jutland, Denmark) A blend of wild foraged sweet cicely from Jutland and lemon verbena. This herbal infusion has a soft lemon base with subtle green anise notes. It is wonderfully clean and reviving as a digestif as well as being an elegant pairing with food.
- Cornish Manuka
- (Tregothnan Estate, Cornwall, UK) A unique Manuka tea made with the leaves and stem of this rare New Zealand plant. It was brought to Cornwall 200 years ago and flourishes in the soft Cornish climate. It has a light sweetness with deep woody notes and a subtle hint of ginger. The flavour is incomparable and utterly delicious.
- Delamotte, Brut NV
- Glass 16 Bottle 75
- Ruinart, Blanc de Blanc, NV
- Glass 25 Bottle 155
- Dom Pérignon 2009
- Glass 39 Bottle 240
- Bollinger La Grande Année, Brut 2007
- Bottle 185
- Krug Grand Cuvée, Brut NV
- Bottle 320
- AR Lenoble ‘Rosé Terroirs Chouilly-Bisseuil’, Brut NV
- Glass 21 Bottle 99
- Laurent-Perrier Rosé, Brut NV
- Glass 30 Bottle 150
- Billecart-Salmon Rosé, Brut NV
- Bottle 115
- Dom Pérignon Rosé, Brut 2004
- Bottle 450
- Late Harvest, Royal Tokaji, Hungary 2016
- Glass 11 Bottle 42
- Cyprès de Climens’ by Château Climens Sauternes-Barsac France 2012 (375ml bottle)
- Glass 25 Bottle 65
- Vintage Port, Fonseca, Douro valley Portugal 1985
- Glass 29 Bottle 185
Prices are subject to 15% service charge.