5-Day French Riviera Honeymoon Itinerary
Plan a fairytale honeymoon at the Grand-Hotel du Cap-Ferrat, A Four Seasons Hotel. We’ve created this five-day itinerary to showcase all the possibilities. Follow it completely, or simply take it as inspiration. Our Concierge team will be pleased to custom-design your own perfect romantic escape.
- Arrive at the Grand-Hotel du Cap-Ferrat, A Four Seasons Hotel, and enjoy a refreshing cocktail.
- Stroll our seven hectares (17 acres) of hillside gardens and explore all our restaurants and amenities.
- Ride the glass funicular down the hillside to Club Dauphin for a light lunch, enhanced by what many people consider to be Cap-Ferrat‘s best sea view.
- Go for a swim in the 1930s-era, infinity-edge pool, perched just above the Mediterranean shoreline.
- Take a swimming lesson from our expert instructors, then sunbathe in plush white lounge chairs or in a private cabana.
- If you prefer more dramatic adventures in the water, head out for an afternoon diving excursion, led by Cap-Ferrat Diving.
- Come for a private wine-tasting with the head sommelier at Le Cap restaurant’s Salon des Collections – famous for its incredible wine cellar. It’s a “must” experience at the Grand-Hotel.
- Enjoy exclusive fine dining on the terrace of our Michelin-starred restaurant, Le Cap, where our Chef prepares creative French-Mediterranean cuisine with seasonal, locally sourced ingredients.
- Wake up early and join our team for the “Run Le Cap” program. Jog along the magical coastal pathway and discover incredible views over the Mediterranean. It’s just as beautiful if you prefer a morning walk!
- Linger over a leisurely breakfast on the terrace of La Véranda restaurant.
- Visit the Ephrussi de Rothschild Villa and Gardens, a magnificent early 20th-century home, minutes from the Grand-Hotel. Start in the gardens and follow the winding paths around the ponds, flowerbeds, sculptures and waterfalls.
- Share a boxed picnic lunch prepared by the Four Seasons chef.
- Discover Villa Santo Sospir, one of the best-kept secrets of Cap-Ferrat. The 1950s-era estate was home to the socialite Francine Weisweiller, who was close friends with writer, filmmaker and artist, Jean Cocteau. Over 13 years, he adorned most of the villa’s floors and walls with murals, mosaics and frescoes.
- End the visit with cocktails on the terrace, nestled in a luxurious garden with a stunning view of the Mediterranean.
- View the Cote d’Azur from a different angle by chartering a sailboat for an evening cruise. Tour the Lérins Islands, Cannes, Antibes, Nice, Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, Eze or Monaco. Enjoy a private and romantic dinner, organized by our catering team.
- Conclude your evening with a romantic stroll in the harbour area of Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat.
- Request a late breakfast through Four Seasons In-Room Dining.
- Maintain your relaxed mood at Le Spa with our “Royal Time for Two” couples’ treatment in Le Grand Salon, our 65-square-metre (700-square-foot) VIP spa suite with two massage tables, a double bathtub, a sensorial shower, a private steam room, sauna and relaxation room.
- Share a private lunch with your partner in our Spa Garden, secluded in a cabana facing the sea.
- Visit the seaside village of Eze, located less than 20 minutes from Cap-Ferrat. Explore the narrow, medieval streets that climb the steep cliff to the ruins of a 12th-century castle and the Jardin Exotique d’Eze, a botanical garden.
- Visit the Parfumerie Fragonard, also in Eze, where you can tour the factory. Design your own unique fragrance, creating an unforgettable souvenir of your French Riviera honeymoon.
- Finish your day in Eze, dining at La Chèvre d’Or, a Michelin-starred restaurant offering a famous aerial view of the Mediterranean.
- An hour’s drive from Cap-Ferrat, Saint-Paul de Vence is a picturesque village that was favoured by artists such as Matisse, Léger and Chagall (who is buried in the town’s cemetery). Spend the morning walking this medieval walled city. Be sure to visit the church at the top of the hill.
- Lunch at La Colombe d’Or restaurant – a feast for art lovers. The adjoining hotel has a history of hosting talented guests, many of whom traded their artwork for rooms. As a result, the restaurant boasts pieces by Picasso, Miró and Braque.
- Visit the nearby Maeght Foundation. The museum’s exquisite collection is displayed in both indoor and outdoor spaces, including the Miró sculpture garden.
- Come back to the Grand-Hotel and brush up on your painting skills with a watercolour workshop, led by a professional painter in our garden.
- Dine at the French Riviera Bistro Chic La Véranda here at the Grand-Hôtel.
- Following dinner, enjoy a glass of wine or a signature cocktail at the trendy Le Bar, open late.
- Start your day with breakfast in bed, thanks to In-Room Dining.
- Book a morning yoga classes with one of our private teachers.
- Visit Nice and explore its beautiful, pedestrian-only streets. Stroll the famous Promenade des Anglais and enjoy a retail tour with a personal shopper.
- Find a local restaurant for lunch.
- Head to Monaco and discover the charming Old Town, as well as the world-famous casino.
- Celebrate the last dinner of your stay – whether here at our Michelin-starred Le Cap restaurant, or at a nearby restaurant recommended by our Concierge team.