Family Fun Itinerary
Not just for grown-ups, Florence has lots of hidden treasures for children of all ages. From palaces with secret passages to interactive museums and collections of suits of armor, this city offers something for everyone.
Our Concierge is at your service and would happily customise an itinerary to suit your family’s unique interests.
Day 1 - Enjoy our oasis in the city
- Enjoy your first taste of Florence with breakfast at Il Palagio, which features several Tuscan options on the menu.
- After breakfast, wander our garden, which is more like a park. There are lots of activities available, such as table tennis, volleyball and badminton.
- During the summer, enjoy a late-morning dip in our swimming pool. Delicious artisan-made ice cream is available to help melt the heat away.
- Enjoy an informal lunch at Pool Tree Bar, our poolside restaurant.
- After lunch, bring the kids along to explore our 500-year-old palace on our Treasure Hunt.
- Older children can explore the town by participating in a two-hour cycling tour of Florence.
- In the evening, enjoy a relaxed dinner at Atrium Bar.
Day 2 - Florence for kids
- Start the day with a light breakfast at Atrium Bar.
- Take a taxi to the Stibbert Museum, which houses one of the world’s biggest collection of suits of armor, swords and century-old firearms.
- Travel back to the hotel and walk just a few minutes to the Leonardo da Vinci Interactive Museum, where the children can experience Leonardo’s inventions.
- Have a light lunch at a local fiaschetteria or one of Florence's many panini bars.
- Visit the children’s museum at the Palazzo Vecchio, where youngsters can meet members of the Medici family “in person,” dressed in traditional costume.
- Also at the museum, while learning about local history, children can be taken through secret passages normally closed to the public.*
- If you are feeling energetic, climb to the cupola of the Duomo. There are 463 steps, but the view from the top makes the effort worthwhile.
* This must be booked at least three days in advance.
Day 3 - Family day out
- On your last day in Florence, order breakfast from the extensive In-Room Dining menu, and enjoy having the meal served to you in the comfort of your own room.
- Journey out of the city with a private car and English-speaking driver and visit Pisa, only a one-hour drive from Florence.
- In Pisa, visit the breathtaking Piazza dei Miracoli, where the one and only Leaning Tower can be found. If you’re feeling athletic, you can climb to the very top.
- Proceed to the elegant town of Lucca, which is closed to traffic. Rent bicycles and explore – see if you can find where the Roman Amphitheatre used to be!
- On the way back to Florence, stop in Collodi, the home of Pinocchio, and visit the park dedicated to our long-nosed wooden friend.
- Back at the Hotel, relax before enjoying an authentic Italian meal at Il Palagio.