Discover incredible things to do in the Tokyo area, then let our expert concierge team tailor each experience to surpass your wildest expectations. Or tell us your private fantasy for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure, and allow our dream makers to create your own truly unforgettable experience.
- Learn Japanese traditional art (maki-e) and make your “one-and-only” piece of art using Urushi lacquer and metal powder, followed by a traditional Japanese dinner beautifully presented in exquisite lacquerware on this half-day excursion in Ginza. Bookings must be made in advance.
Sea to Table
- Take a thrilling fishing adventure in Tokyo Bay, known as one of the best fishing spots in Japan, and follow it up with a mouth-watering gourmet experience in a local Izakaya restaurant where a professional chef will prepare and cook the fish you catch. This experience takes place every Tuesday. Reservations should be made at least two weeks in advance.
- They say the early bird catches the worm – or in this case, the tuna. Rise early and meet your guide, a fourth-generation Edomae sushi chef, for an insider’s visit to the famed Tsukiji Outer Market, followed by a private meal at the chef’s 100-year-old, family-owned restaurant. This experience is subject to availability. Booking must be made three weeks in advance.
- Join in on Cha-Kabuki, a popular game from the 12th to 14th century Kamakura to Nanbokucho periods, at modern-day Japanese tea salon Higashiya Ginza. Start with a blind tea tasting, and then guess the name and origin of each Japanese tea by its flavor and aroma. After a glimpse into the profound world of Japanese tea, you’ll enjoy a Kaiseki-ryori (a traditional multi-course Japanese dinner) featuring the best of Japanese tea. Bookings must be made three days in advance.
Kaiseki Dinner Aboard a Yakatabune Boat
- Make yourself at home and sink into the recessed seats – zashiki seating, as it is called here – on a traditional Japanese-style wooden boat while admiring the city views as you cruise down the Sumida River into Tokyo Bay, and as your home-style kaiseki (multi-course) dinner is served.
The Art of Kappabashi Street Food Models
- The perfect complement to an excursion on Kappabashi Street is a class at one of the specialized studios that have been handcrafting food-display models and perfecting the art for centuries. Your one-hour lesson will start with a demonstration by one of their experts allowing you to admire the technique and skillfulness that goes into each piece. Next, you will execute your very own model with the helpful guidance of staff. On your way out, be sure to stop by the boutique where you can purchase a wide array of fake food items or even “take-away” kits if you want to endeavor the process again upon your return home.
Learn More About Tokyo From Our Team
It’s not the things you take with you that define your journey; it’s the experiences you have and the memories you bring home. Explore our general manager's four sensory “souvenirs.”