Nestled in the heart of Serengeti National Park, our Lodge is surrounded by nothing but wide-open plains. Elevated wooden walkways throughout the Lodge keep you safely above the animals’ domain while also providing excellent views. Strategic fencing and an expert security team made up of local Maasai tribesman who are very familiar with life here in the Serengeti also lend an added peace of mind. Get up close and personal with lions, elephants, zebras, buffaloes, crocodiles and more during our once-in-a-lifetime excursions in the best-known wildlife sanctuary in the world.
Need to Know
- Local Airline Luggage Restrictions
- Local airlines include Air Excel, Coastal Aviation, Regional Air, Northern Air and Auric Air. These airlines use Cessna Grand Caravans or similar aircraft, which carry nine to 13 passengers. Luggage is restricted to 15 kg (33 lbs) per passenger and must be carried in soft-sided bags or suitcases (no hard-shell cases).
- Before You Go
- To help you prepare for you adventure with us, we’ve put together some comprehensive information such as what to pack, passport requirements and other important things to be aware of before you arrive.
Let us make the arrangements
- On-Site Reservation Specialists
- From the moment you call up to your arrival, your own personal specialist can help you with international and domestic flight routes, planning game drives and making sure any dietary preferences are accounted for. Please call +255 768 982 101 or email email@example.com and we’ll take it from there.
- Charter Flights
- A choice of private charter aircraft allows direct connections to Seronera Airstrip without any other stops en route. They also offer the comfort of a private, pressurized cabin, no weight restriction for luggage and may land at Seronera Airstrip any time during daylight hours (sunset falls between 6:30 pm and 7:00 pm seasonally). Please contact our Reservations Team for more details.
Transport Hubs and Directions
- We are located in the Central Serengeti, a 45-minute drive from the Seronera Airstrip (SEU). There are three main airports within Tanzania that offer connecting flights to Seronera Airstrip: Arusha Airport (ARK) for domestic flights only, Julius Nyerere International in Dar es Salaam (DAR) and Kilimanjaro International (JRO).
- Planning your international flight connections
- Tanzania is serviced by a number of international airlines, with Kilimanjaro International Airport being the closest airport for connection to the Serengeti, yet Dar Es Salaam and Zanzibar also providing alternative options. From each international airport, you will need to take a domestic flight into the Serengeti National Park. Depending on the time of your international flight arrival, it may be necessary to overnight in Arusha, Dar Es Salaam or Zanzibar, prior to flying to the Serengeti the next day.