Nestled in the heart of Central Serengeti amid wide-open plains, our Lodge is just a 45-minute drive from the Seronera Airstrip (SEU), accessible by connecting flights from three main airports within Tanzania: Arusha Airport (ARK) for domestic flights only, Julius Nyerere International in Dar es Salaam (DAR) and Kilimanjaro International (JRO). Let our on-site reservations specialists make the arrangements to transport you seamlessly to the best-known wildlife sanctuary in the world.
Need to Know
- Local Airline Luggage Restrictions
- Local airlines include Air Excel, Coastal Aviation, Regional Air, Northern Air and Auric Air. These airlines use Cessna Grand Caravans or similar aircraft, which carry nine to 13 passengers. Luggage is restricted to 15 kg (33 lbs) per passenger and must be carried in soft-sided bags or suitcases (no hard-shell cases).
- Before You Go
- To help you prepare for you adventure with us, we’ve put together some comprehensive information such as what to pack, passport requirements and other important things to be aware of before you arrive.
Let us make the arrangements
- On-Site Reservation Specialists
- From the moment you call up to your arrival, your own personal specialist can help you with international and domestic flight routes, planning game drives and making sure any dietary preferences are accounted for. Please call +255 768 982 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll take it from there.
- Charter Flights
- A choice of private charter aircraft allows direct connections to Seronera Airstrip without any other stops en route. They also offer the comfort of a private, pressurized cabin, no weight restriction for luggage and may land at Seronera Airstrip any time during daylight hours (sunset falls between 6:30 pm and 7:00 pm seasonally). Please contact our Reservations Team for more details.
Transport Hubs and Directions
- Planning your international flight connections
- Tanzania is serviced by a number of international airlines, with Kilimanjaro International Airport being the closest airport for connection to the Serengeti, yet Dar Es Salaam and Zanzibar also providing alternative options. From each international airport, you will need to take a domestic flight into the Serengeti National Park. Depending on the time of your international flight arrival, it may be necessary to overnight in Arusha, Dar Es Salaam or Zanzibar, prior to flying to the Serengeti the next day.
- ARRIVAL FROM KILIMANJARO INTERNATIONAL (JRO)
- Kilimanjaro International is serviced by a number of international airlines, including Qatar Airways, Kenya Airways, KLM, Turkish Airlines, Ethiopian Airlines and Edelweiss Air. Should your flight arrival time not allow for a same-day connecting flight to Seronera Airstrip, contact our Reservations Team for airport transfer and overnight accommodation assistance.
- ARRIVAL FROM NAIROBI AIRPORT (JOMO KENYATTA INTERNATIONAL)
- Jomo Kenyatta International airport, in Nairobi, Kenya (NBO), offers a number of international flight connections. From there, you may transit to Tanzania via numerous connections throughout the day to Kilimanjaro International airport (JRO). International airlines include Emirates, British Airways, Lufthansa, South African Airlines and Swiss.
- ARRIVAL FROM JULIUS NYERERE INTERNATIONAL IN DAR ES SALAAM (DAR)
- Julius Nyerere International is serviced by a number of international airlines, including Emirates, British Airways, Qatar Airways, Turkish Airlines, South African Airlines and KLM. For international flight arrivals before 7:30 am, you may board a connecting flight to Seronera Airstrip from the airport’s domestic terminal (five-minute taxi ride from the international terminal), with a flight time of approximately two hours.
- ARRIVAL FROM ARUSHA AIRPORT (ARK)
- Arusha Airport offers several daily local airline flights to Seronera Airstrip, with the latest departure time currently scheduled at 1:00 pm and a direct flight time of approximately 45 minutes.