Learn the secret ways of sumo, go bar-hopping through historic streets or soar over the glittering cityscape in a private helicopter. At Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Otemachi, our knowledgeable concierge team opens doors to incredible, exclusive experiences. Let us custom-make an itinerary that takes you on an unforgettable adventure through our intriguing city.
GET UP CLOSE WITH SUMO WRESTLERS
- Go behind the scenes of Japan’s legendary national sport at a sumo-beya, the “stables” where professional sumo fighters train and live. Enter this closely-guarded world with a local Japanese guide and observe the hefty rikishis in action as they push themselves to the limits of endurance. If your visit coincides with a sumo grand tournament (held in Tokyo during January, May and September), we’d be happy to help you book tickets. Early reservations are highly recommended.
A NIGHT OF SURPRISES IN GOLDEN GAI
- Take a walk on Tokyo’s atmospheric side at Golden Gai, hidden just behind the neon lights of Shinjuku. This authentic neighbourhood retains the charm of the 1950s, its narrow streets lined with mismatched bars and glowing lanterns. Chance upon an elusive Japanese whisky, wander into a Gothic drinking den, or raise an umeshu toast with newfound friends – you never know what the night will bring in Golden Gai.
LIGHTS, MUSIC, KABUKI
- Get swept up in the wonder and excitement of Kabuki, a highly-stylized form of drama featuring vibrant costumes and dynamic stage sets. With roots going back to the Edo period, this art form has graced Japanese theatres for over four centuries. To make the experience even more special, step into the silken folds of a kimono for the show – evocative of a bygone era in Japan. Our favourite store, Aki Ginza, stocks beautiful kimonos and has skilled staff on hand for dressing.
AFTER-HOURS HELICOPTER CRUISE
- Take to the Tokyo skies on an aerial adventure that is at once adrenaline-pumping and sophisticated. Come nightfall, hop aboard a private helicopter and soar high above the twinkling lights of Japan’s iconic capital. Each moment is extraordinary when you’re at the top of the world.
EMBARK ON A BREEZY ADVENTURE
- Take our complimentary bikes out for a spin and discover the neighbourhood’s many delights at your own pace – from the historic Otemon Gate and Yasukuni Shrine, to the National Museum of Modern Art. Our Chief Concierge’s curated routes take you through gingko-lined avenues, lush green pathways, and chic streets dotted with cafes and boutique stores. During cherry blossom season, stop by Chidorigafuchi (pictured above) for resplendent views of sakura.
Learn more about Tokyo from our team
It’s not the things you take with you that define your journey; it’s the experiences you have and the memories you bring home. Explore our Chief Concierge’s five sensory “souvenirs.”