Whether in search of adventure, culture, or relaxation, Four Seasons Resort Langkawi showcases a bespoke collection of experiences that captures the warmth of the culture and offers a deep sense of place. The Resort allows premier access to exclusive experiences with its prime placement directly on Langkawi’s longest stretch of beach and adjacent to a UNESCO Geopark. Here, you’ll find an award-winning luxury getaway like no other, matched by the warmth, richness and authenticity of Malaysian culture.
Mangroves and Eagles Safari
- Explore mysterious forests between land and sea on this naturalist-led boat safari into the Kilim Karst Geoforest Park – home to majestic eagles, macaques, fish that “walk,” fiddler crabs, otters and sleeping bats.
- Experience generations-old methods used to catch the freshest fish and shellfish from the Andaman Sea at the Resort's Rumah Ikan (“fish house”). Designed by a local fisherman and crafted with island-grown wood, the Rumah Ikan Fish House is an inspiring testament to Langkawi’s vibrant fishing legacy. The fishing method practiced at the Fish House is a rare art, one that is fast disappearing as modern, mechanized equipment gains popularity. It involves creating a complex structure that extends out into the sea, using strips and splints of wood. The Fish House at the Resort sustains Langkawi’s indigenous fishing traditions and introduces guests to the method, thus ensuring that this quiet, homegrown art lives on in minds and hearts across the world.
Sky Bridge and Langkawi Cable Car
- If braving the world’s steepest cable isn’t enough, wait until you see the Sky Bridge that awaits at the top – a 125-metre (410-foot), cable-stayed spectacular that suspended 600 metres (2,170 feet) above the sea level.
Lesung Batu Cooking School
- Immerse yourself in the flavour, fragrance and flair of Malay cuisine! Designed to add a delicious cultural element to any vacation, Lesung Batu Cooking School teaches you to distinguish local ingredients, sample aromatic spices and discover traditional cooking techniques with its world-class chefs. Choose to head to the local daily wet market or to the Rumah Ikan (“fish house”) to select the freshest ingredients to cook for the day.
Adventure Rainforest Trekking
- Four Seasons Resort Langkawi’s tantalizing topography makes it possible to be transported from a morning of lazing on the beach to an afternoon of journeying into the jungle. Take in the incredible sights and sounds of Langkawi’s awe-inspiring rainforests – one of the oldest in the world – on an exhilarating exploration along the fringe of Seven Well waterfall located at Cambrian rainforest of Gunung Mat Chincang. Trek through Langkawi’s pristine rainforest and witness rare wildlife, ancient rock formations and a scenic waterfall along the adventurous journey.