Explore the incredible marine life of Mauritius! Working hand-in-hand with our marine education specialist and global conservation partner, WiseOceans, Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita has put forward a Marine Discovery Program to educate guests about marine life, to help protect our ocean and to raise awareness of the importance of local marine life.
Partly funded by guest donations, the Marine Discovery Program is led by Rick Bonnier, our on-site WiseOceans Marine Educator, who's always ready to engage in marine life conversation of his native island at his picnic table on Bambou Beach. Whether seeking the best snorkelling spots or wanting to discover more about the coral reef and the essential role this plays in the underwater world, guests will be guided through dedicated programs that highlight the surrounding marine environment.
For more adventurous excursions, guests can enjoy payable marine activities and speaking to Rick will help you to select the option for your stay:
- Reef Discovery Guided Snorkel: Embark on a two-hour snorkel excursion to the nearby reef under the expert guidance of our WiseOceans Marine Educator. In addition, enjoy beautiful views of the island's southeast coast on the 30-minute boat ride to the snorkel site.
- Marvellous Mangroves Guided Snorkel: Discover the marine life around the mangroves of the Resort, accompanied by our WiseOceans Marine Educator. Before starting the 30-minute snorkel at Quiet Beach, learn some fascinating facts on mangroves.
- Snorkelling Lessons for Beginners: Allow our in-house expert to offer some self-confidence in knee-deep water during a one-on-one coaching session. With practical tips and aids, you will pick up the pace to become a more relaxed snorkeler within 30 minutes.
- Marine Educator Hire: With snorkelling topping the itinerary of your private boat excursion, ask our Marine Educator to join you to be your own professional guide in the water! Wherever be the snorkelling spot, your private guide will show you around the reef and reveal the sea's secrets and highlights.
- Underwater Camera Hire: Capture your marine adventures and take them home with you using our underwater digital camera! The photos can be easily transferred to your personal mobile devices when you are out of water.
As part of the Resort's wider Environmental Conservation Program, WiseOceans also carries out continuous screening of the coral reefs’ health in the surrounding lagoon, with all collected data being submitted to global databases on an ongoing basis.
WiseOceans is a global marine conservation and education company that employs three core strategies, striving towards a global future with healthier oceans: to educate, to conserve and to involve. With world-class ocean outreach activities and innovative restoration projects, WiseOceans was founded in 2011 on the belief that education is the way to achieve conservation of our oceans in the long-term. We are proud to be supporting their efforts for a healthy ocean and hope you will be partaking in the activities of the Marine Discovery Program during your holiday in Mauritius.