romantic island escape Itinerary
Dine under the stars, enjoy endless pampering in the spa and see the sights of the island in a convertible Mini Cooper. The following seven-day itinerary is just an example of how you might plan to spend your romantic getaway to Mauritius. Please call or visit the Concierge to help personalize your visit.
Wash away any tensions from the flight with our rejuvenating Mauritian Fusion massage at the overwater spa.
Day 1 – Head to the Beach
Waste no time getting to know the white sands of Mauritius and enjoy sunbathing beside the serene lagoon.
- Following breakfast at Beau Champ or on your villa’s private terrace, head over to one of the Resort’s three private beaches. Choose from a palm tree hammock, a sun lounger or a beach sofa and let your body absorb the heat from the sun as you take in the spectacular views across the lagoon to the Indian Ocean.
- There’s no need to stray too far from your sun spot at lunch, as you sample the sushi at the pan-Asian beachside restaurant, Bambou. Don’t miss out on the restaurant’s choice of exotic cocktails.
- Seated in one of the restaurant’s three pavilions, choose from the finest steaks and seafood at Beau Champ, and finish with one of the restaurant's delicious signature desserts.
Day 2 – See the sights in style
Have some fun behind the wheel of a Mini Cooper as you explore the south of the island.
- Visit the famous Hindu pilgrimage site of Grand Bassin – a lake in the crater of an extinct volcano, 1,800 feet above sea level.
- Stop at the spectacular viewpoints offered by the Black River Gorges National Park, with views across the island and out to the Indian Ocean.
- Discover the secrets of agricultural rum production at Rhumerie de Chamarel and sample from a range of flavours including gold, doubled distilled, classic, vanilla, coffee, coconut, mandarin and spices.
- After the day’s events, take advantage of a relaxed dinner on your villa’s terrace and enjoy a late night dip in your private plunge pool.
Day 3 – get into the swing
Golf is complimentary and unlimited to all guests at Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita, so whether you’re a beginner or scratch player, the beautiful oceanfront setting of the course – designed by Ernie Els – is not to be missed.
- Whether you fancy an early morning tee off or prefer heading out for a full 18 holes, a quick nine or simply staying on the practice greens to perfect that final putt, spend a leisurely morning in a golfer’s paradise.
- Enjoy Mediterranean favourites or clubhouse classics at Il Forno restaurant, overlooking the final green.
- For non-golfers, try out the daily golfing initiation at 3:00 pm on the driving range. Our pro will be on hand to give you hints and tips for the perfect swing.
- Experience a live Sega and African show at Bambou’s Zilwa Night as the chefs prepare your favourite locally inspired dishes on request at the evening’s live cooking stations.
Day 4 – romance in paradise
Visit the nearby island of Ile aux Cerfs for golden stretches of beautiful beaches and the perfect picnic spot; then indulge in a relaxing massage in the spa’s luxury couple’s suite.
- Allow our In-Villa Dining team to pack up a delicious picnic brunch before you take the complimentary boat shuttle from Bambou beach across to Ile aux Cerfs. Walk round to the far side of the island to enjoy a secluded location for your romantic meal.
- Share in the relaxation of our Hibiscus Blessings couple's ritual. This exclusive treatment uses the local hibiscus flowers, known to inspire romance, passion and harmony. Begin your experience in one of our private overwater couple's treatment suites, continue a 90-minute sensual and deeply relaxing massage with apricot and hibiscus oil. Following your treatment, experience a tranquil state of togetherness with a bottle of chilled champagne and sweetheart delights to enjoy together in your villa’s terrace.
- Watch the sun set behind the Bambou mountain, as you enjoy an exclusive candlelight dinner under the stars on the Quiet Beach.
Day 5 – spirit of adventure
- Visit the nearby nature reserve of Domaine de l’Etoile and enjoy a two-and-a-half hour quad bike adventure along the island’s mountain pathways and through the sugar cane fields.
- Stop for a traditional Mauritian buffet lunch in the nature reserve’s beautiful restaurant, situated in the heart of the mountain valley.
- Continue your discovery of the beautiful surrounding nature by horseback or on foot or simply relax and laze by the river.
- Dine at the waterfront restaurant of Acquapazza and sample Chef Paolo’s homemade pasta and the most delicious tiramisu on the island.
Day 6 – Make a splash
From kayaking to sailing, windsurfing to Pedalos, all non-motorized watersports are complimentary at Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita.
- Take a trip out in the glass-bottom boat to gain a glimpse of the lagoon’s tropical underwater world. Choose from windsurfing or Hobie Cats for some wind-powered action, or enjoy a more relaxed pace with a pedalo or kayak. Private instruction is available from the Boathouse and with the protected shallow waters of the lagoon, there’s no better place to learn.
- Stay beachside for lunch and try out Creole flavours or Asian-inspired Wok dishes during a relaxed lunch at Bambou.
- Celebrate your last evening with our local rum muddler cocktails in Beau Champ and indulge in one of the restaurant specials: duck confit foie gras de souillac or saffron lobster bouillabaisse.
Day 7 – VIP Departure
Don’t let your departure dampen your holiday spirit. Leave the trip organization to our Concierge and enjoy the last of your stay.
- In preparation for your departure, allow our Concierge to manage your online check-in and airport transfer in the Resort’s SUV, by boat or by helicopter.
- Request a departure picnic basket and our In Villa Dining team will surprise you with some of your favourite treats from throughout your stay for the journey.
- Want to avoid the queues? Ask our Concierge to reserve VIP lounge access for you at the airport.