Westlake Village is the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. Whether you’re seeking serenity and relaxation or looking for an outdoor adventure, our Hotel and the surrounding destination offers easy access to it all. Located adjacent the Santa Monica Mountains, just 20 minutes north of Malibu, our urban retreat is a sun-soaked hamlet set against the backdrop of endless outdoor recreation, rejuvenating wellness experiences and activities for the entire family.
- Malibu by Horseback
More than 500 miles of horseback-friendly trails crisscross the Santa Monica Mountains, offering guests unforgettable day trips filled with coastal views and ocean breeze on horseback.
- Guided Hikes
Experience the scenic beauty of the Conejo Valley with private guided hikes tailored to your experience and fitness level – like a calorie-burning multi-hour hike up challenging hills or a leisurely nature walk through the countryside.
- Personal Training
Receive private, expert instruction in fitness, yoga or Pilates, emphasizing proper technique in a results-driven format. Our certified trainer will motivate and refine your existing program or create a new one to optimize results
- Life Strategies
Take away increased motivation and personalized strategies for redesigning your lifestyle to create balance, reduce stress, and optimize your health. Continuous coaching and follow-up sessions available in-person or by phone.
- Channel Islands National Park
For a nearby day-trip that feels worlds away, head to the Channel Islands National Park – known as “America’s Galapagos Islands” – for a hours of hiking, water sports and sightseeing.
- The Signature Retreat
- Begin a journey towards optimal health and happiness with an immersive wellness retreat designed to reset your metabolism. Our experts will use the latest technology and scientific findings to curate workouts, cooking classes and workshop experiences that help you meet your wellness goals. Along the way, savour thoughtful and delicious meals and snacks from our Wellness Kitchen, and take advantage of our state-of-the-art fitness centre.
- Guided Meditation
- Stress is the basic cause of most illnesses today. Allow our experts to ease you into wellness through guided meditation, a technique that uses vocal cues and mindfulness techniques to bring the mind to a state of relaxation. 50 Minutes
- Stress Reduction
- Experience a series of mindfulness techniques designed to increase self-awareness and enhance coping strategies. This realignment of cognitive processes decreases psychological feelings of anxiety and stress. 50 Minutes
- Life Strategies
- Take away increased motivation and personalized strategies for redesigning your lifestyle to create balance, reduce stress, and optimize your health. Continuous coaching and follow-up sessions are available in-person or by phone.
- Fitness Consultation
- A personalized consultation with an Exercise Physiologist or Specialist may include goal-setting strategies and aerobic, strength and flexibility training. Receive essential tools to jump-start a fitness program or to take your current routine to the next level.
- Personal Training
- Receive private, expert instruction in fitness, yoga or Pilates, emphasizing proper technique in a results-driven format. Our certified trainer will motivate and refine your existing program or create a new one to optimize results
- Guided Hikes
- Experience the scenic beauty of the Conejo Valley with private guided hikes tailored to your experience and fitness level. Choose a calorie-burning multi-hour hike up challenging hills or a leisurely nature walk through the countryside surrounding Westlake Village.
- Horseback Riding
- More than 500 miles of horseback friendly trails crisscross the Santa Monica Mountains offering guests unforgettable day trips filled with coastal views and ocean breeze on horseback. Saddle up and ride the winding mountain trails with Malibu Riders. The locally owned and operated tour company provides guided experiences on horseback through some of the area’s most scenic trails – including Paramount Ranch, a former movie ranch built to resemble that of a Western town. These one-hour, 3-mile rides are perfect for all riding levels.
- Surf, Sand and Watersports in Malibu
- Some of the world’s best beaches are just a short drive from Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village. Guests can enjoy a day of fun in the sun on the iconic sands of Malibu, Zuma, Paradise Cove and Santa Monica. Experience the exhilaration of riding a wave with a professional surf lesson. Go sailing or kayaking. Or try the thrills of kite surfing, parasailing or standup paddle boarding. Our concierge is happy to arrange a flawless day for you by the sea.
- A Hiker's Paradise
- There is no shortage of world-class hiking for all levels in the region surrounding Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village. More than 150,000 acres make up the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area – the world’s largest urban national park – where you'll find diverse trails of all levels and distances each offering unique beauty and distinct views of our lush landscape. Or step outside the lobby doors to discover an array of trails found within minutes of the hotel. Journey with a guided expert while taking in the beauty of the majestic sycamore and oak trees or plan a private adventure with a gourmet picnic packed by our culinary team.
- Museums, Galleries and Gardens
- Take a walk through the past at The Reagan Library. Just moments away from Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, the expansive mountaintop center offers panoramic valley views, replicas of the White House's Rose Garden and the Air Force One craft that flew President Ronald Reagan during his presidency. Or explore The Getty Villa, modeled after a first-century Roman house, with its fountains, gardens and ancient Greco-Roman artifacts. And the hilltop Getty Center is a modern architectural masterpiece, showcasing works by Cezanne, da Vinci, Michaelangelo, Monet Rembrandt and Van Gogh – as well as sweeping 180-degree views of Los Angeles.
- Southern California Theme Park Fun
- California has more theme parks and amusement parks than any other state in the country. Lucky for us, our region is home to some of the most well-known parks for thrills and entertainment. It’s just a short drive to famous amusement parks such as Disneyland, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Universal City Walk, and Universal Studios Hollywood, home to Harry Potter World.
- A Shopping Haven
- Within a 20-minute drive, guests can experience Southern California shopping at its finest at world-class retail centers like Camarillo Premium Outlets, The Commons at Calabasas, the Oaks and The Promenade. The luxury wing at the Westfield Topanga shopping center features Cartier, Chanel, Nieman Marcus, Gucci, Louis Vuitton and Salvatore Ferragamo. For an open-air experience by the beach, head to the Malibu Country Mart – the chic and trendy destination in the heart of Malibu features coastal boutiques, art galleries, seasonal eateries and high-end home goods.
- Rock Climbing the Cliffs in Malibu
- Outdoor rock climbing is a rewarding way to experience the dramatic scenery of Malibu. Whether you're ascending Saddle Peak, overlooking lush valleys, or climbing up Point Dume for breathtaking views of the Malibu beaches, Rock N Rope Adventures offers experiences for all levels and ages. During these excursions, you will be lead and taught by a certified instructor and be ready to climb various points of interest in the same day. To make your experience even more memorable, allow our culinary team to prepare a gourmet picnic for you to enjoy after your adventure.
- The Mecca of Mountain Biking & Cycling
- Our region is home to some of California’s best two-wheel terrain. Whether it’s a mountain bike grind up the 8-mile Triunfo Canyon loop or a road bike tour through the winding Decker Canyon, our scenery is best explored on bike. We’re happy to arrange access to bikes for day excursions, where you can ride through the canyons to Pacific Coast Highway or explore one of the nearly 100 trails found in our region. Following your ride, be sure to wind down with a cold local brew from a neighbourhood micro-brewery like 14Cannons, Westlake Brew Co, Tarantula Hill or Figueroa Mountain.
- Gorgeous Golf Courses
- Seven premier courses are located just a short drive from our door, laid out among picturesque landscapes with views of the surrounding mountains. Guests enjoy access to the Jack Nicklaus-designed Sherwood Lake Course, an exclusive private membership club that offers a one-of-a-kind golf experience. Or tee off at Lost Canyons, Westlake Village Golf Course, Moorpark Country Club, Rustic Canyon and Tierra Rejada – our concierge will handle all the arrangements.
- Fun in the Sun in Malibu
- Cruise the iconic Pacific Coast Highway in a classic convertible or rugged Jeep for a day of leisure in Malibu. Situated just 20 minutes from the hotel via the Malibu Canyon, this effortlessly beautiful laid-back beach community offers activities and entertainment for all – the best in shopping, dining and surfing.
- Hippie Hangouts in Topanga Canyon
- While Malibu is known for beach houses and Beverly Hills is known for mega mansion, there is an enclave of tree houses nestled in Topanga Canyon – LA’s nature-immersed hideaway where creative souls reside. Home to roughly 8,000 residents, the tiny forested village of Topanga Canyon is a haven for Los Angeles artists, musicians and eccentrics – and charming shopping and dining.
- Explore Channel Islands National Park
- For a nearby day-trip that feels worlds’ away, head to the Channel Islands National Park, known as “America’s Galapagos Islands”. The five remarkable islands located just 11 miles off the coast of Ventura (30 minutes north of Westlake Village) offer plenty of sightseeing adventure. Hop aboard one of the Island Packers Cruises for a day trip to any of the five islands for hiking adventures and water sports such as kayaking and snorkeling. Be on the lookout for mega pods of playful dolphins, sea lions and majestic whales during migration season – and the island foxes that call the park home.
- Agricultural Abundance in Ojai
- The beautiful valley of Ojai is nestled in the Santa Ynez Mountains, just 45 minutes north of Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village. Along the winding 150 Highway, you'll discover orange groves, olive tree orchards, and acres of farmland ripe with avocados.
- Wine Tasting
- One of California’s best-kept secrets is right in our backyard – an abundance of local winemakers like Malibu Wines, a family-owned winery that offers tastings of locally grown Semler wines, including Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc and Viognier. Head to Rosenthal Estate’s Malibu Wine Tasting Room for a prime selection of varietals grown in Newton Canyon. And don’t miss Cornell’s for savory sips.
- Celebrity Tours
- In Los Angeles, you're likely to spot stars out and about. Increase your chances of a celebrity sighting with Starline Tours, whose experienced and entertaining tour guides will take you to Hollywood’s legendary landmarks. Our concierge would be happy to book a custom tour for you, complete with private transportation to and from the tour starting point.
- Downtown Los Angeles Food Tour
- Tasting some of the best food in Los Angeles isn't just about experiencing the local cuisine, but learning about the dynamic food culture that's emerging in downtown LA. On this foodie-friendly walking tour, you taste creations at a few standout downtown eateries. Start walking from Pershing Square, enjoy your guide's live narration about LA and Hollywood history, and hear about the local food scene while you explore. Located just 40 minutes from Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, this tour of downtown Los Angeles is a great way to explore the hustle and bustle of city life.
- Biodynamic Farm Tours at Apricot Lane
- Discover Apricot Lane Farms – which provides many of our restaurant’s seasonal ingredients. This certified organic and biodynamic farm – located in the agricultural community of Moorpark – is just 20 minutes away from Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village. Its well-balanced ecosystem produces nutrient-dense foods while treating the environment and the animals with respect.