Independent Traveller Itinerary
Singapore is a wonderful destination for the solo traveller. Embark on an enriching journey through the city’s diverse culture with this sample itinerary. To personalize your experience, please contact our Concierge.
Arrival at Hotel
After taking some time to settle into your spacious guest room or suite, visit the Hotel's all-day restaurant, One-Ninety, for a bite, or hit the streets for a half-day city tour. From Chinatown to Little India, Malay-influenced Kampong Glam to exotic Arab Street, you'll see Singapore's multicultural influences in its architecture, culture and food.
- Cruise on an authentic river bumboat for a scenic ride down the Singapore River.
- For dinner, you'll have your choice of dining spots, including Clarke Quay's seafood restaurants and lively bars, Esplanade's array of modern and Chinese restaurants, and Lau Pa Sat Festival Market, known for its wide variety of delectable local fare.
- For more insights into Singapore's cultural heritage, spend some time touring the unique Peranakan Museum. Singapore Art Museum and the ArtScience Museum are also good options for art lovers, and the Asian Civilisations Museum showcases a collection of art and artefacts from the region.
- Close by are quaint restaurants by the river promenade, where you'll have plenty of options for lunch.
- If you're travelling with children, you may want to spend your morning touring the stunningly landscaped Singapore Zoo, located within the Nature Reserve. Breakfast with the animals can be a lively show on its own! After the kids have seen all of their favourite animals, return to the Hotel for lunch.
- Back at the Hotel, take some time to relax in your guest room, or visit the Spa for a soothing treatment.
- Later, visit famed Orchard Road, just steps from the Hotel, for world-class shopping along the city's "golden mile" of shopping malls. You can also enlist the help of a personal shopper from Club 21 Style Services, available to Hotel guests on a complimentary basis.
- Plan to have dinner at one of the city's Michelin-starred restaurants. Before you leave the Hotel, ask our Concierge to recommend a place to suit your mood.
- You can find pre-dinner entertainment at Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay or a Broadway show at the Marina Bay Sands. After dinner, you may want to try your hand at a game of baccarat.
- Those travelling with children will not want to miss the Night Safari, Asia's first nocturnal zoo.
- Sentosa Island includes many attractions for the young and young at heart. At Universal Studios Singapore, visitors may want to check out the Shrek and Transformers exhibits and the world's highest duelling roller roller coasters. Swim with the dolphins at UnderWater World, and try the climbing wall, ropes course and zip lines at MegaZip Park.
- As day turns to night, visit the nearby Resorts World complex for an array of dining options. Families and couples alike will find something for them here, from casual dining to the restaurants of celebrity chefs.
- A night-time laser light show amidst dancing fountains is a good way to cap a memorable day.
- Enjoy a hearty breakfast at One-Ninety before taking off for the airport. Or, if there's time, fit in a round of golf or some last-minute shopping on Orchard Road.