Home to some of the best diving in Seychelles, Desroches Island boasts flourishing marine life and coral outcrops. Explore 15 classified dive sites offering an array of wall dives, tunnels, deep caves, passages and swim troughs – guided by certified professionals. Courses include:
- Scuba Refresher: Any certified diver who needs a refresher, pre-travel update, pre-assessment for a continuing education course or an upgrade from Junior diver can complete this course.
- PADI Discover Scuba Diving: If you want to try scuba diving, but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, this course is for you.
- PADI Scuba Diver Course: Over 1.5 days, complete a series of theory courses, three confined water dives and two ocean dives to receive credit towards the completion of a PADI Open Water Certification Course.
- PADI Advanced Open Water Course: Designed to advance your diving, so you can start right after earning your PADI Open Water Diver certification.
- PADI Bubblemaker Kids Experience: Children ages 8 and older can use scuba gear to breathe underwater and swim in shallow water.
- Discover Local Diving: Designed for any certified diver who wants to explore a new area.
Isolated and undisturbed, Desroches Island is a fishing paradise with some of the greatest offshore angling in Seychelles. Rise to the challenge of wahoo, kingfish, tuna, sailfish, marlin and dorado. There are four main types of fishing available: fly fishing, bottom fishing, trolling and deep sea fishing. The Blue Safari Watersport Centre is fully equipped with game fishing boats, quality fishing tackle and experienced crew to take you chasing your dream fish around Desroches atoll or further afield to one of the nearby outer islands.
- Desroches Atoll: Located 230 kilometres (143 miles) southwest of Mahe and 36 kilometres (22 miles) east of the shallow Amirantes Bank, this area forms part of the Seychelles outer islands. This prime fishing destination continues to impress the well-travelled international game fisherman with its diversity and abundance of fish life, thanks to the Amirantes Trench.
- Outer Islands: Just an hour from the Resort, these areas are synonymous for their great bluewater fishing and boast some of the best surface casting and dredging the Seychelles have to offer.