Seychelles is part of an archipelago in the Indian Ocean, located about 1,600 kilometres (1,000 miles) from the east coast of Africa. You’ll find us in the outer Amirante Islands, a cluster of remote coral atolls that are considered some of the world’s most pristine and untouched. Just a 35-minute flight southwest of Mahé, the main island of Seychelles, Four Seasons is the only resort on Desroches, which provides you complete privacy and exclusivity. With 402 hectares (933 acres) edged by 14 kilometres (9 miles) of white-sand beaches as your personal playground, you’ll feel as though you’ve discovered your own private tropical paradise.
Need to Know
- Getting to Desroches
- Our island features its own private runway, adjoining the Resort, and is linked by a 35-minute scenic flight from Mahé. Flight connections to Desroches depart from the Domestic Terminal of Seychelles International Airport (SEZ). If arriving from an international flight connection, you’ll be greeted by a Four Seasons representative who will escort you to check-in for your inter-island flight. The flight is operated by Islands Development Company LTD (IDC), with all bookings processed only by our Four Seasons reservations team.
- Planning Your Connections
- Depending on international flight connections for arrival or departure, some guests may need to spend a night at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, located on Mahé, just 30 minutes from Seychelles International Airport. If you’d like, we can also help plan a combination stay so that you can experience the wonders of Mahé and Desroches during your time with us on the islands. Book our Twice the Paradise – A Seychelles Discovery Offer to enjoy two complimentary nights at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles when staying for seven nights or more in Desroches.
- All foreign nationals visiting Seychelles are granted visa-free access. You must be in a possession of a valid passport, return or onward ticket, proof of accommodation and sufficient funds.
- Cellular Network
- Please note that there is no cellular network on Desroches Island. Calls may be placed through the landline connection or via the Wi-Fi network.
- Desroches Medical Clinic
- Wonderfully remote, but with 24/7 access to medical attention – allow us to offer you peace of mind during your stay on Desroches Island. In collaboration with ResortDoc, we have a qualified German doctor on call at all times. In our small but well-equipped Desroches Medical Clinic, you can expect international level first aid, emergency medicine and equipment, including vital monitoring, defibrillator and oxygen, instruments for anesthesia and small surgeries, ECG, spirometry and even ultrasound. In case of any medical condition, please feel free to book an appointment or ask for a room visit via reception. Charges apply.
SCHEDULED FLIGHTS TO/FROM DESROCHES ISLAND
- From July 1, 2021, onwards, return scheduled flights will operate on Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- From December 24, 2021, to January 8, 2022, return scheduled flights will operate daily.
Should you wish to arrive or depart on an alternative day of the week, it is possible to book a private charter. Please contact our Reservations team for details.
|Mahé to Desroches||Thursday and Saturday||10:30 am||11:10 am|
|Desroches to Mahé||Thursday and Saturday||11:30 am||12:10 pm|
|Mahé to Desroches||Sunday||11:30 am||12:10 pm|
|Desroches to Mahé||Sunday||12:30 pm||1:10 pm|
|RETURN FLIGHT MAHÉ – DESROCHES – MAHÉ||PER ADULT||PER CHILD (2 – 12 YEARS)||PER INFANT (1 – 23 MONTHS, SITTING ON A PARENT’S LAP)|
|May 1 — December 25, 2021||EUR 400||EUR 350||COMPLIMENTARY|
|December 26, 2021 — January 8, 2022 (festive season)||EUR 660||EUR 580||complimentary|
All fares are subject to 15% local VAT. Passengers are required to check in a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the flight departure. Total luggage allowance is 30 kg (66 lb.) per paying passenger. Please contact our on-site reservations specialists or your travel advisor for further flight schedule details. Flight operation is subject to weather conditions, and schedules may change.
- Seychelles International Airport (SEZ)
- Travel Time
- 35 minutes by plane