Let us help you plan your most exciting family adventure yet. On top of our safari experiences, our Lodge offers something for guests of all ages. Youngsters can spend the morning with a Maasai warrior or learn how to study animals from a wildlife expert, while teenagers can learn and interact at the Discovery Centre, helping to contribute to ongoing wildlife research projects.
- Age group
- 2–17 years (adult supervision required for those under 4 years)
- Program Hours
- Daily 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Kids For All Seasons
Working closely with the Lodge’s Discovery Centre, our complimentary Kids For All Seasons Program aims to educate our younger guests about Africa – its wildlife and different cultures – with activities designed to take advantage of the Serengeti’s natural environment.
- Kijana Klub
Our Kijana Klub (kijana means “youth” in Swahili) offers younger guests a fun and safe way to enjoy their time in the African bush. In a dedicated area of the Lodge’s main building, the Kijana Klub features an arts and crafts space, a foosball table, a selection of board games and a separate area with video games (Wii and Xbox 360), a PC computer, a selection of DVDs and a small library.
A Trip They Won’t Soon Forget
- Once-in-a-lifetime Experiences
With so much to see, rise early to board a hot-air balloon safari (available for children ages 7 and above) and marvel at breathtaking views of the wildlife and nature below, or pass an unforgettable evening with a family dinner out in the bush.
- Family Safari
Experience an unforgettable family vacation in the heart of the Serengeti National Park. With raised, protected walkways and the constant security of the Maasai warriors, Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti offers peace of mind for your family’s safety amongst the raw wilderness of one of Africa’s greatest safari locations.
- Maasai for the Morning
Spend the morning with a Maasai warrior who will pass on some of his bush skills and traditions, such as how to make fire, how to make a toothbrush from a tree and how the Maasai use plants as medicine. You can also learn some Maasai beading and enjoy some African storytelling.
- Setting up remote-camera traps around the Lodge
- Nature walks along the Lodge’s walkways
- Fun sessions with local Maasai on culture and tradition
- African storytelling
- Arts and crafts, including Maasai beading workshops
- Swahili language lessons
- Scavenger hunts
- Tree planting
For Families, Kids and Teens
- Serengeti Passport
- All kids staying at the Lodge are given a Serengeti Passport to help them keep track of – and encourage them to learn more about – all of the animals they spot during their stay.
- Movie Nights
- The Kijana Klub also offers Kids Movie Nights. Kids can enjoy a movie and dinner while being supervised by one of our Kijana Klub attendants. A limited babysitting service also is available at an additional charge.
- Cooking Classes
- Kids can go behind the scenes with a private chef for a cooking class at which they bake and cut out cookies in the shape of their favourite animals.
- Kids Yoga
- While parents are enjoying a relaxing spa treatment, kids may discover some simple yoga postures in a fun and engaging session. Benefiting both the mind and body, the ancient art of yoga can help children develop in sports, at home and at school.
Need to Know
- For Families with Young Children
- Because of the unique nature of Four Seasons Safari Lodge, only guests ages 2 and over are permitted.