Embark on an adventure in a tropical enclave of enchanted forest, vibrant paddy fields, winding river paths and gardens... and that’s just at the Resort.
A Day in the Life of a Balinese Farmer
- See for yourself the pure emerald green of Bali’s rice fields. We’ll guide you to one of them, where you can help farmers plant the rice, and then to a spa villa for a cleansing and relaxing ritual, followed by a traditional farmer’s lunch by the river.
Can you keep a secret?
- Bali's most famous temples and historical sites are often crowded, yet the island still harbours many sites that are off the beaten track. Experience a sense of discovery with our knowledgeable guides, who share the village's secrets exclusively with Four Seasons guests.
Wellness at Sokasi Cooking School
- Our plant-based class features healthy and raw versions of Balinese recipes, inspired by Ubud as the centre of healing and wellness in Bali. Visit Ubud market with our chef and then forage in our Resort herb and vegetable gardens for the freshest produce.
Private Rafting on Bali's Longest River
- Discover where nature meets culture at the UNESCO World Heritage subak irrigation network, which is home to historic and holy sites. Take a scenic drive through rice farming villages to the departure point for a two-hour rafting adventure. Enjoy a leisurely guided journey through Class III rapids with views of lush jungle, rice terraces and majestic gorges, and even hop out of your raft to float through a natural tunnel formed by trees overhead. Then, make a riverside landing directly at Four Seasons Sayan and receive a warm welcome back home. For a unique check-in experience, arrive at the Resort by river raft – exclusively available to guests transferring from sister property, Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay. IDR 3,400,000++ for two people including transport, life jackets and helmets Additional adults at IDR 900,000++ each and children at IDR 675,000++ each Duration: 2.5 to 3 hours, including a half-hour scenic drive to the departure point Depart from the Resort between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm Arrival point: Riverside Pool What to wear: Wet-weather attire. Be careful of non-colourfast clothes. Sneakers or sandals with a strap are recommended, and you may want to bring a hat and sunscreen. A waterproof bag will be provided for personal belongings.
Bike through Kintamani or Bongkasa Village
- Tour Kintamani from the start at Mount Batur's volcanic crater with an expert guide, venture off the beaten track on the Bongkasa Village tour, or tour Bali's rice fields and jungle by bicycle and on foot in the Sayan Valley biathlon. You'll see lush vallies, centuries-old temples and the famous Gunung Raung – one of the most active volcanoes in Indonesia. Kintamani Biking Tour: Private (1 to 2 people) at IDR 2,800,000++, each additional person at IDR 1,100,000++ Bongkasa Village Biking Adventure: Private (1 to 2 people) at IDR 2,300,000++, each additional person at IDR 900,000++ Sayan Valley Biathlon: Private bookings only, IDR 2,500,000++ for up to 2 people. Extra person IDR 1,000,000++ each (maximum of 6) Duration: 4 hours, including a one-hour car drive; 3-hour biathlon (1.5 hours cycling and 1.5 hours walking) Depart from the Resort at 8:00 am Difficulty Level: Recommended for confident riders with good endurance. Biathlon Reservations: dial #2; please reserve one day in advance.
Tri Hita Karana
- The philosophy of Tri Hita Karana ("the three sources of life" in ancient Sanskrit) holds that God, humanity and nature are inseparably linked, and that happiness and prosperity can only be attained when all three are in balance. In this nine-hour Tri Hita Karana program, you will experience this philosophy through meditation, a temple tour, a Balinese cooking class and a deeply restorative spa experience inspired by ancient rituals: Goddess Within for Women and Vigor & Vitality for Men. Price: IDR 4,500,000++ per person
Learn More About Bali From Our Team
It’s not the things you take with you that define your journey; it’s the experiences you have and the memories you bring home. Explore our Front Desk Manager’s four sensory "souvenirs."