Guest Rooms (5)
The great challenge was to preserve the individuality of each building, creating harmony in the overall design, and reflecting the character of the surrounding Old Town, a city neighbourhood known for the grandeur and elegance of its architecture.Petr Brzobohatý Architect, Dům a Město
Four Seasons Hotel Prague, by Design
- The Neo-Renaissance House
Originally commissioned in 1883 by a fish merchant named Podhorsky as an apartment house with on-site shops, this building features domes topped by a double-sloping roof. The original, richly embellished façade was meticulously restored.
- The Neo-Classical House
Dating back to 1827, this building began as a factory designed by J. Ripota, was then converted into apartments in 1846, and office space in the 1960s, which resulted in major changes to the original layout. Today, only the northern and western façades remain, along with the walls' original elegant cornices and fine flat plaster details. Throughout the building's rooms and suites, windows and fixtures were restored where possible, or replaced with original-style replicas.
- The Baroque House
Built in 1568 along the bank of the River Vltava, our Baroque building originally sat behind the abbey of the Knights of the Cross within the Old Town walls. Witness the restored sandstone statue of St. John of Nepomuk, which faces the riverbank, as well as original cross-vaulting, stone architraves and masonry vaults, wooden doors and hand-forged ironmongery.
- The Main Building
The unifying building of our Hotel combines delicately hued ochre sandstone from a Czech quarry and pale plaster façades with dark roofing to ensure a stylish synchronization with the historic buildings, while allowing each of the Hotel’s structures to retain its individual personality.