- Every Day
- 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Our Reefscapers program offers guests the unique opportunity to participate in the building of coral reefs. Venture into our lagoon to witness this pioneering work.
- Turtle-Rehabilitation Program
Our Turtle Rehabilitation Centre is responsible for the recuperation and release of a great many Maldivian sea turtles each year. We also run turtle-monitoring and turtle-photo-ID projects that you can participate in.
- Maldivian Manta Ray Project (MMRP)
Founded by Senior Marine Biologist Guy Stevens, with the support of Four Seasons and Save Our Seas, MMRP has amassed the largest number of identified manta rays on record anywhere in the world, combining new discoveries with active conservation and education.
- Fish Lab
We breed ornamental fish with the aim – in time – of developing an alternative source of income for local communities. Visit our marine biologists at the Fish Lab and help to feed the fish and see them spawn.
Trainee Marine Biologist Modules
Coral BiologistParticipate in this one-on-one experience with a seasoned coral scientist, from the use of artificial intelligence to how to transplant and monitor a coral frame.
Dolphin BiologistJoin Landaa’s Dolphin Biologists to gain an understanding of Baa Atoll’s local dolphin population, track their movements and take and process ID photos.
Turtle BiologistLearn about sea turtle anatomy and biology, the threats they face in the wild and conservation techniques with Landaa’s resident Turtle Veterinarian.
AquaristTake a closer look at the life cycles, threats, breeding patterns and the importance of some of the ocean’s smallest organisms such as rotifers and jellyfish.
Plankton BiologistDive deep into the incredible organisms responsible for feeding the ocean and producing over 70 percent of the world’s oxygen.
Manta BiologistAlongside on-site scientists from the Manta Trust, learn how to identify individual mantas, understand their biology and perhaps swim with these gentle giants.
When you sign up for the Manta-on-Call service, you’ll be contacted immediately when manta rays are sighted near the Resort. Once you get the call, you can hop on a speedboat to embark on an unforgettable experience.
- Reef Snorkel
Tour our lagoon’s artificial-reef structures with a researcher who will explain the reasons for building them and share the ways in which the Resort is working to protect these ecologically vital creatures of the sea.
- Turtle Talk and Safari
Learn about and observe sea turtles in their natural habitat, starting with an educational briefing led by our marine biologists before travelling to a nearby snorkelling site to see the turtles up-close.
- Dolphin Cruise
Set out with a marine biologist to see the clever and acrobatic spinner dolphins that live in the waters around Landaa Giraavaru.
- Marine-Life Presentation
- The reef of the Maldivian archipelago represents one of the richest marine ecosystems on earth. Guests who are interested in learning more about the area’s underwater life are invited to attend a marine-life presentation by our resident marine biologist, offered five evenings a week in the Marine Discovery Centre. The following afternoon, you can enjoy a snorkelling excursion with our marine biologist, a unique way to discover the underwater world of the Maldives. Talks also take place prior to some activities, such as the turtle safari.
- Manta Ray Scientist For A Day
- Accompany the marine biologists from The Manta Trust on-board the manta research vessel, which departs Landaa Giraavaru most days during manta season. Learn how to take ID photos, help record critical environmental information, and improve your free-diving technique alongside the team responsible for amassing the largest number of identified manta rays anywhere in the world.
- Join a Build-a-reef session in the Marine Discovery Centre at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, where you can sponsor your very own coral frame and watch it grow on the Marine Savers website.