Baa Atoll, Maldives
Combining innovation, wellness and conservation, our Resort is a 44-acre (17.8-hectare) wonderland in the Baa Atoll UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. After landing at Male International Airport (MLE), your journey to Landaa Giraavaru continues with a 35-minute seaplane flight, giving you a spectacular view of the crystalline waters and remote islands.
Seaplane Transfer Details
- Waiting times in our private lounge rarely exceed two hours.
- Flight times are subject to weather conditions and schedules and may involve one short stop en route (TMA).
- Opt to complete immigration formalities in the comfort of Velana Airport’s CIP lounge for your convenience.
- Private seaplane transfers are also available.
- Seaplanes only operate during daylight hours.
- After a long flight, start your holiday in style with our new seaplane lounge, The Island Café, located in the new seaplane terminal at Velana International Airport. This retreat features a wraparound balcony; nourishing dining options; artfully designed areas for lounging, dining, resting and refreshing before and after flights; as well as games, magazines, a play area and an observation telescope to watch seaplanes take off and land.
Other Travel Arrangements
- NIGHT ARRIVAL – REST & TRANSFER
- Designed for guests arriving by international flight in the evening and awaiting a next-day seaplane transfer to Landaa Giraavaru, this offer includes a night to relax and refresh at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa.
- NIGHT DEPARTURE – DINNER & TRANSFER
- Designed for guests departing by international flight at night and would like to avoid a long wait at the airport, this offer includes dinner at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa and speedboat transfer to Velana International Airport.
- Seamless transfer between Kuda Huraa and Landaa Giraavaru
- You can fly seamlessly between our two Resorts. Guests booking the Paradise Twice package (a minimum of three nights at each Resort) will receive complimentary seaplane transfers between the two Resorts.
Need to Know
- Passports and Visas
- All visitors to the Maldives must possess a valid passport and return air ticket. A complimentary, 30-day tourist visa will be issued upon arrival. If guests are arriving from Yellow Fever-infected areas, they must produce a vaccination certificate. Guests may not bring alcohol, pork products, pornography or weapons into the Maldives. These items will be confiscated at the airport and disposed by the airport authorities.
- See More of the Maldives
- Consider customizing your trip by visiting other Maldivian islands. You can also visit our sister property Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa (accessible by speedboat transfer from MLE) or travel between our two resorts via seaplane or aboard our luxury catamaran, Four Seasons Explorer.
- Drone Policy
- To safeguard guest privacy, please note that flying a drone on the island is limited to a restricted area and requires the supervision of Resort staff.
Transport Hubs and Directions
- Malé International Airport (MLE)
- Travel time
- 30 to 45 minutes by seaplane
- 120 kilometres/75 miles
- Year-round service by Emirates Airline, Qatar Airways, Oman Air, Etihad Airways, Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines, Sri Lankan Airlines, Air India, China Eastern Airlines and Saudi Arabian Airlines. Several European carriers offer seasonal flights.