Combining innovation, wellness and conservation, our Resort is a 44-acre wonderland in the Baa Atoll UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. After landing at Male International Airport (MLE), your journey to Landaa Giraavaru continues with a 35-minute seaplane flight, giving you a spectacular view of the crystalline waters and remote islands.
Let us make the arrangements
- Arrive in Style
Sink into your spacious Muirhead-leather seat on the Four Seasons Flying Triggerfish, one of the most Instagrammable 8-seat seaplanes to grace the Maldivian skies. Or, opt for the 14-seat aircraft by Trans Maldivian Airways (TMA). Whichever your choice, you will be greeted by Four Seasons representatives and escorted to check-in upon arrival.Rates
Seaplane Transfer Details
- Waiting times in our private lounge rarely exceed two hours.
- Flight times are subject to weather conditions and schedules and may involve one short stop en route (TMA).
- Opt to complete immigration formalities in the comfort of Velana Airport’s CIP lounge for your convenience.
- Private seaplane transfers are also available.
- Seaplanes only operate during daylight hours.
Need to Know
- Passports and Visas
- All visitors to the Maldives must possess a valid passport and return air ticket. A complimentary, 30-day tourist visa will be issued upon arrival. If guests are arriving from Yellow Fever-infected areas, they must produce a vaccination certificate. Guests may not bring alcohol, pork products, pornography or weapons into the Maldives. These items will be confiscated at the airport and disposed by the airport authorities.
- See More of the Maldives
- Consider customizing your trip by visiting other Maldivian islands. You can also visit our sister property Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa (accessible by speedboat transfer from MLE) or travel between our two resorts via seaplane or aboard our luxury catamaran, Four Seasons Explorer.
Other Travel Arrangements
- Dinner-and-Transfer Package
- The Dinner-And-Transfer Package is not available with immediate effect due to the current suspension of movement of tourists between resorts from March 14 to June 30, 2020 by the Maldives Health Protection Agency. To avoid a long wait at the airport, guests departing Landaa Giraavaru for a night-time, international flight from Male International Airport may wish to enjoy our Dinner and Transfer package at Four Seasons Resort Kuda Huraa. This package includes: Access to the Resort’s facilities, including the swimming pool, poolside changing rooms and showers, and the library Dinner at one of the Resort’s three premier restaurants (excluding beverages) One-way speedboat transfer to the airport Please note that we are unable to confirm the timing of your return transfer until the evening before your departure.
- Between Kuda Huraa and Landaa Giraavaru
- You can fly seamlessly between our two Resorts’ seaplane platforms or cruise aboard our luxury catamaran, Four Seasons Explorer. Guests booking the Paradise Twice package (a minimum of three nights at each Resort) will receive complimentary seaplane transfers between the two Resorts.
Transport Hubs and Directions
- Malé International Airport (MLE)
- Travel time
- 30 to 45 minutes by seaplane
- 120 kilometres/75 miles
- Year-round service by Emirates Airline, Qatar Airways, Oman Air, Etihad Airways, Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines, Sri Lankan Airlines, Air India, China Eastern Airlines and Saudi Arabian Airlines. Several European carriers offer seasonal flights.