At Sensei, we help you fuel your passions and connect with your intentions to become well by offering enriching classes, new adventures, relaxing treatments, private wellness consultations and nutritious foods. Working with our co-founder and author Dr. David Agus, our Sensei Way philosophy focuses on three practices – move, nourish and rest – that help you familiarize and maintain a conversation with your body and mind. Movement is how we interact with our environment, nourishment is what fuels us, and rest is how we recover and grow.
- Your Journey
In consultation with your Sensei Guide, you'll craft a personalized itinerary to accommodate how you want to spend your time. Each journey starts with a minimum of three nights; additional all-inclusive nights may be added to create a journey designed to be completely fluid and adaptable throughout your wellness-oriented vacation.View sample itinerary
While every Sensei Retreat is designed to be a personalized experience, each stay is assembled around a few core components.
- With an ever-evolving and robust schedule of up to 16 fitness classes per day, there are many ways to get moving. You can also experience one-on-one private sessions in our Yoga Pavilion, gym, one of two movement studios, or several beautiful outdoor locations, as well as daily hikes.
- Enjoy the profound serenity and beauty of private spa quarters where you can choose from more than 30 unique body treatments, relax in one of our wet rooms, or soak in our one-of-a-kind onsen tubs.
- From locally grown produce at the Sensei Farm to sustainable practices, we are passionate about food and its impact on our bodies. Here you can enjoy delicious meals designed with taste and health in mind – morning, noon and night – prepared in partnership with world-renowned Nobu and in consultation with Sensei co-founder Dr. Agus’ nutritional standards.
- Working under the direction of local historians and botanists, you can visit and help restore local cultural sites. We organize transportation, food and gear — all you need to bring is an appreciation of the local way of life.
- The central location of Koele provides nearby access to island exploration. Discover a world of possibilities, from tennis courts and world-class golf overlooking expansive plateaus to stunning ocean views and white-sand beaches. Here you can go whale watching or connect with nature, hike straight from the property to scenic mountaintops, and enjoy inspiring sunsets or sunrises near tranquil Hulopoe Bay.
- Our retreat aims to stimulate the mind through educational workshops, nourishing mindfulness classes and art activities, all while creating a supportive environment for group discussion.
More Wellness Amenities
- FITNESS AND YOGA PAVILIONS
- TWO INDOOR MOVEMENT STUDIOS
- LAKESIDE YOGA PLATFORMS FOR PRIVATE SESSIONS
- PRIVATE HALE FOR SPA TREATMENTS
- ONSEN SOAKING TUBS
- 18-HOLE PUTTING GREEN