Stanford University, one of the world's leading research and teaching institutions, is just minutes away from the Hotel. With over 8,000 acres, the Stanford campus offers a variety of sights and activities including theatres, nature reserves and churches that one can enjoy.
The Stanford campus is located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of Silicon Valley. Known affectionately as “The Farm,” its 8,100 acres (3,278 hectares) reach from the rural foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains to the bustling Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto. The Stanford Campus offers a wealth of sightseeing opportunities. Public walking tours are offered year-round at 11:00 am; please see our Concierge for details and a campus map.
You may also enjoy Stanford’s recommended itinerary:
- 8:00 am – Arrive on campus, find a parking space and enjoy breakfast at one of the campus eateries
- 9:00 am – Visit athletic facilities and the Hall of Fame
- 10:00 am – Enjoy a panoramic view of the area from the Hoover Tower observation platform
- 11:00 am – Take the public walking tour, departing from Memorial Auditorium
- 12:00 noon – Enjoy lunch at Tresidder Union, or at Cool Eats Café, adjacent to the Rodin sculpture garden
- 1:00 pm – Take a self-guided outdoor sculpture walk
- 2:30 pm – Visit the Cantor Center for the Visual Arts and adjoining Rodin sculpture garden
If you are a prospective undergraduate, you may want to consider making a reservation for the Discover Stanford programme. Intended for high school juniors and seniors and their parents, Discover Stanford helps you explore the programmes, places and people that define Stanford’s commitment to undergraduate education within the setting of a world-class university. It begins with a 60-minute, student-led, campus tour. The tour provides an overview of the undergraduate experience, focusing on academic programmes, residential life, and extra-curricular activities (please note that for privacy and security reasons, this tour does not enter student living spaces). The tour is followed by a one-hour information session conducted by a representative from the Office of Undergraduate Studies. Reservations for Discover Stanford are required, and can be made through our Concierge. The program is offered Monday through Friday, from June to December.
In addition to our suggested itineraries, Stanford has a schedule of campus events and athletic events that will be going on during your visit. Please remember that some of these events may require tickets or prior reservations. Please contact our Concierge for assistance with event listings and reservations.