Family in the city itinerary
The “City of Dreams” is a diverse cultural metropolis – from great Indian food to historical sites, visitors can experience age-old customs and traditions within a modern and bustling city center.
The following is a sample itinerary. To personalise your visit, please feel free to call or visit the Concierge.
Upon arrival, kids are treated to many surprises by the Concierge as well as a personalised welcome amenity in their room. They can also choose from a number of board games, DVDs, a Playstation video game system or, for teens, a Kindle reading device.
Day 1 - Visit the City
Travel to the south side of the city, commonly known as SoBo (South Bombay), to see the major tourist destinations and pick from a wide variety of restaurants.
- Start your morning with yoga at the Spa for a rejuvenating and awakening experience.
- Make your way down to the lobby level and enjoy the local breakfast favourite idlis – steamed rice cakes – at Café Prato.
- Have the Concierge arrange a fun and educational morning tour around the south side of the city with an experienced multilingual guide (please provide 24 hours notice).
- Before leaving the Hotel, request complimentary tour necessities like sunscreen lotion, wet wipes and hand sanitisers.
- After the tour, visit the nearby Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya (Prince of Wales Museum) to learn all about India’s fascinating history.
- For lunch, stop at one of the area’s many delicious Indian restaurants serving authentic regional dishes.
- Return to the hotel and relax by the outdoor pool to watch the city transform as the sun goes down.
- After taking a dip with the kids, enjoy a light dinner al fresco on the pool deck.
- Once the children are tucked in, babysitting services can watch over them (please provide 24 hours notice), while parents enjoy late-night drinks.
Day 2 - Experience Religion and Culture
Explore various religious heritage sites and local markets in the city.
- Enjoy a light Continental breakfast and a swim at the pool deck.
- Before heading out, visit guest services and take some complimentary bottled water and cold towels.
- Drive half an hour to the Gateway of India and take the first ferry at 9:00 am to Elephanta Island with one of our multilingual guides.
- Once you’ve arrived on the island, visit the Elephanta Caves, a temple complex dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Take a break for lunch in Colaba Causeway.
- After lunch, go on a walking tour of the Crawford Market, the city’s busiest market, known for its flowers, fish, fresh produce and exotic birds.
- After the tour, return to the mainland city center.
- On your way back to the Hotel, stop at the Jain Temple to gain insight into the religious life of the locals in Mumbai.
- Tonight, dine at our Asian restaurant San:Qi, where you can choose from Indian, Thai, Chinese and Japanese cuisine.
- After dinner, return to your room with the family and watch a complimentary DVD from the extensive in-house DVD library.
Day 3 - Time to Shop and Relax
On the final day of your stay, relax, enjoy the city, and maybe pick up a few gifts for everyone at home.
- Order In-Room Dining and enjoy a leisurely breakfast in bed with the family.
- Go horseback riding at the Mahalaxmi Race Course, which is just 10 minutes from the hotel by car. The Concierge will happily arrange a complimentary pick-up and drop-off. Please book 24 hours in advance.
- Next up, walk to the nearby mall, where you can visit Hamley’s Toy Store, the kids’ play area and the cinema.
- Don’t leave without taking the kids to check out the comics section at Landmark book store.
- Return to the Hotel, where the children can enjoy a fun-filled afternoon of activities like pot painting, baking classes and crafts. Please book these activities with the Concierge in advance.
- While the kids are being entertained, visit the Spa and indulge in a 90-minute traditional Ayurvedic massage or a facial.
- Afterward, relax in the vitality pool and our lavish shower facilities.
- Finish your last night with dinner at café PRATO & Bar, featuring Italian and Mediterranean favourites..