Spot turtles at dawn, dolphins at dusk and seasonal groups of mantas and whale sharks in warm waters blessed with outstanding visibility. Hone your underwater skills with specialist courses taught by some of the country’s most experienced PADI instructors and enjoy the flexibility and freedom to direct your own encounters, including sunrise, night and wreck excursions.
- PADI Five-Star Dive Centre
Our on-board dive centre gives you access to a wide variety of secluded hot spots, including exciting channel dives with sharks, vibrant thilas sheltering shy turtles, manta ray cleaning stations, wrecks and coral overhangs filled with over 1,000 species of fish native to the Maldives, such as Moorish idols, rainbow parrotfish and humphead wrasse just to name a few.
- All-Area Access
With a draft of 1.9 metres (6.23 feet), Four Seasons Explorer has access locations that larger vessels can't reach. For the ultimate convenience, the boat also has its own dive tenders and a custom-designed wooden dive dhoni, called "Aseykara." The dhoni is outfitted with modern safety and navigation features and equipment and ideal for direct entry to dive sites.
- Professional Services
In addition to having an experienced multilingual dive team, Four Seasons Explorer also home to an on-board marine biologist who can offer insightful snorkelling and diving experiences, plus videography and photography services to capture all of the action above and below the sea.
On-Board Dive Facilities
- Multilingual dive staff and experienced crew
- Marine biologist
- Maximum, 6:1 guest-to-dive-guide ratio
- Separate nitrox and air-compressor systems
- Full equipment for all on-board guests
- SCUBAPRO BCDs and regulators, Suunto computers and Cressi fins
- Surface-marker buoys
- Sea Marshall personal locator radio beacons
- Hot and cold showers on 2 sea-level platforms
- Dedicated freshwater rinse tank for camera equipment
- Coffee- and tea-making facilities and post-dive refreshments
- Underwater photography and videography services available
- Daily Diving Schedule
- Divers can usually expect two dives in the morning and one in the afternoon, with the option of additional sunrise, night and wreck excursions. From May to November, the currents move large quantities of plankton through the atolls, attracting manta rays and whale sharks to the eastern side of the country. From December to April, the wind reverses, resulting in 30 to 40 metres (100 to 130 feet) of incredible visibility and consistent, near-perfect conditions. Dive itineraries adapt to currents and conditions, seasonal marine visitors and the diving requirements of those on-board. Every cruise aboard Four Seasons Explorer is unique.
- Diving Courses
- Four Seasons Explorer is geared toward qualified divers. It is the ideal vessel on which to hone your dive skills, increase your underwater confidence and develop specialty skills in thrilling, new areas. Development courses offered on-board range from Advanced Open Water Diver to more than 12 specialties, including Enriched Air Nitrox, Deep, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Drift and Underwater Naturalist. Or just join us for fun to explore some of the most unspoiled and mesmerizing dive sites in the Maldives. Please contact the dive team prior to embarkation to discuss any particular dive interests or course requirements.