67 Jan Smuts Avenue, P.O. Box 2700, Saxonwold 2132, Johannesburg, South Africa
Located on the Witwatersrand – the rocky hills that run through the city – our historic Westcliff neighbourhood is lined with grand mansions and incredible views. Head down to The Parks, and you’ll find an assortment of shopping, dining and nightlife, while open-air markets, funky arts districts, trendy restaurants and the new Museum of African Design are just minutes away in the Braamfontein, Maboneng and 44 Stanley districts. If you have the time, let our Concierge plan a thrilling safari to view Africa’s “big five” at Kruger National Park, about three hours from Johannesburg.
Need to Know
- The South African Department of Home Affairs website provides detailed information on which nationalities need visas to travel to South Africa, as well as how to obtain a visa. Europeans, Canadians, Australians, New Zealanders, Russians and Americans can visit the country for 90 days without the hassle.
- Travelling With Children
- Per immigration law, all minors under the age of 18 are required to produce, in addition to their passport, an Unabridged Birth Certificate (showing the particulars of both parents) when exiting and entering South African ports of entry.
- You won’t need any vaccinations for traveling in South Africa unless you are coming from a country where yellow fever is prevalent. In that case, you will need to show proof that you have the vaccine.
- Prohibited Items
- South African bank notes in excess of R25 000, gold coins, coin and stamp collections, and unprocessed gold are prohibited.
- Local Tap Water
- Water in South Africa is safe to drink, so please consider drinking the free tap water instead of buying plastic bottles.
Let us make the arrangements
- Airport Transfers
- Luxury vehicle transfers are available to and from the airport. Please ask the Concierge for details.