Experience the unforgettable charm of Asian elephants at Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle as you learn about the lives of these gentle giants – and interact with them – in their natural jungle habitat.
- My Elephant & I
Learn to be an elephant whisperer who tends to these giants. You’ll come to understand these gentle creatures on an intimate level as you bathe, feed and walk with them.
- Elephant Camp Dinner
Enjoy a candlelit, al fresco dinner at the Elephant Camp, as traditional musicians play Thai folk songs to set a beautiful soundtrack to your experience.
More Elephant Experiences
- Elephant Camp Dinner
- Enjoy a candlelit, al-fresco dinner at the Elephant Camp, as traditional musicians play Thai folk songs to set a beautiful soundtrack to your experience. THB 17,000++
- Sunrise with Elephants
- Begin your day in the company of an elephant. Climb up to the Camp Peak together and watch the sunrise from behind the mountains of Laos as it casts a warm light over the Mekong River.
- Elephant Bathing
- Join our elephants and mahouts at the morning bathing ritual, where you can observe these gentle giants as they enjoy their bath. Watch out for splashes from a mischievous elephant!
- Additional Elephant Excursions
- We’d be happy to arrange more elephant time, such as an excursion from a selection of three different routes.
We believe that every elephant deserves a life of dignity. Partnering with the Golden Triangle Asian Elephant Foundation, we’ve rescued and adopted more than 20 elephants from Thailand’s crowded city streets to help them lead happy lives in our jungle surroundings.Our Philosophy
Meet Our Elephants
Named after the Japanese word for “snow,” our jet-setting friend didn’t cope well with the cold weather of Japan, where she lived for three years. Upon arrival in the Golden Triangle, she has brightened up quickly, keeping our mahouts on their toes with her mischievous streaks of snacking in our neighbour’s banana plantations.
- Phuang Phet
After living in the back of a truck while her owners sold sugar cane, this playful elephant now enjoys the never-ending supply of the sweet stalk – not to mention plenty of room to roam. With a sparkling personality, no wonder her name means “handful of diamonds” in Thai.
Still bearing scars from her past, before a mahout rescued her away from a logging camp, this gentle creature embodies Buddhism, earning her the name that means “to make merit.”
- Thong Kam
We’re not entirely sure where Thong Kam was before she came to us eight years ago, but we know for certain that our playful friend likes nothing more than to spray guests with water while playing in the river. Be prepared to get wet!
- Contact Us
Our guests have assisted in the adoption of more than 10 elephants from the streets, providing them food and veterinary care through a monthly membership. Donations through the Golden Triangle Asian Elephant Foundation (GTAEF) go directly to the welfare of adopted elephants, as Four Seasons Tented Camp at Golden Triangle covers all administration and logistical support. Please contact us to learn more about adoption opportunities.