Discover incredible things to do in the Golden Triangle area, then let our expert concierge team tailor each experience to surpass your wildest expectations. Or tell us your private fantasy for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure, and allow our dream makers to create your own truly unforgettable experience.
My Elephant & I
- Did you know that elephants chomp through six sets of teeth over their lifetime? Or that they don’t actually love peanuts? Learn more about these gentle giants in the best possible way – by keeping them company in their own natural habitat. After a basic anatomy lesson from the mahout, set off on a walk through the wilderness with the elephants. Watch them splash in the pond, then observe bath-time – a cherished daily ritual for elephants and their mahouts alike. You’ll soon notice that each pachyderm has its own distinct personality – some are mischievous, while others are nurturing. Time: 1.5 hours Price: THB 6,500 per guest This experience can accommodate a maximum of 6 guests.
Colours of Chiang Rai
- Explore the vibrant culture of Chiang Rai through its most striking temples and sights. Visit the Yellow Chinese Temple (Wat Huay Pla Kung), White Temple (Wat Rong Khun) and and Blue Temple (Wat Rong Suea Ten) with a private guide. Time: Approximately 5 hours Price: THB 8,000
Fishing with Locals
- Fishing techniques along the Mekong River have developed over thousands of years. Try your hand at fish trapping and bamboo fishing alongside local fishermen from the region. Boating along the Ruak River which straddles the border between Thailand and Myanmar offers a unique insight into the local way of life. Time: Approximately 2 hours Price: THB 10,000 for two guests
Burma Discovery Tour
- Get a glimpse into the fascinating culture of Myanmar on an exclusive half-day visit to the border town of Takilek. A scenic 30-minute drive followed by a short walk and you’re across the bridge that forms the border between the two countries – inside Myanmar. Here, the clock rolls back by 30 minutes and the traffic shifts from one side of the road to another – a surreal experience of crossing borders by foot. Explore the town of Takilek in a private tuk-tuk and let our Camp Guides take you on a personalized tour. Stop at Prajao Lakkang Temple followed by the Shwedagon Pagoda, a smaller replica of the famous Golden Pagoda located in Yangon. Allow our Camp Guides to show you around the bustling local market, or enjoy a typical Burmese snack before heading back across the border. Time: Approximately 4 hours Price: THB 15,000 (a portion of this fee goes toward community outreach in the local village in Chiang Rai )
GOLDEN TRIANGLE EXCURSION
- Immerse into the local way of life and explore the cultural delights of the region, accompanied by our knowledgeable Camp Guide. Begin your excursion with a cruise down the majestic Mekong River on-board a traditional, hand-made, long-tail boat. Skim into the heart of the Golden Triangle, where Thailand, Myanmar and Laos merge and take in the spectacular views as the three countries meet around the Mekong’s formidable shores. Continue your journey on land, taking in all the sights and sounds of the Golden Triangle, as you are driven around the bustling streets like a local. First hop onto a songtaew (public van), and then a tuk-tuk, as you soak up the manic local market vibe and then the calm of the ancient temple, Chedi Luang. Our Camp Guide will accompany you throughout the excursion, weaving fascinating stories and interesting facts into the narrative. Time: Approximately 2–3 hours Price: THB 7,000
HILLSIDE BICYCLE TOUR
- Take in the gorgeous natural beauty of Chiang Rai's rural landscape. Ideal for cycling enthusiasts, this off-the-beaten-path excursion follows a paved but hilly trail that's designed exclusively for you. The route, led by a dedicated Camp Guide, takes you through lush green paddy fields, pineapple and rubber plantations, and a splendid teak forest. Take a break with a personalized snack at Bau Luang Lake, before heading back to the Camp. Time: Approximately 2.5 hours Price: THB 7,000 for two guests