Four Seasons Maldives Surfing Champions Trophy 2023
Four Seasons Maldives Surfing Champions Trophy (SCT) returned in 2023 for its 11th year from August 21 to 28, 2023. This year’s global all-star cast included brother and sister duo Mason and Coco Ho (Hawaii), 2015 world champion Adriano de Souza (Brazil), 2012 world champion Joel Parkinson (Australia), Californian-style expert Conner Coffin (USA), and local wildcard and 2021 Maldives national champion Hood “Hoobs” Ahmed (Maldives).
After four days of competition on the reef breaks around Kuda Huraa, Joel Parkinson completed a first-time clean sweep of all three rounds and the grand final to claim a much-deserved win. With pristine conditions at Sultans, the ultimate showdown was a world champion matchup between Parkinson and Adriano de Souza.
After a faultless week of wave choices, Parkinson’s ocean prowess proved its worth again as he unleashed the moves in his repertoire and locked in a 9.10 on the second wave. There were plenty of twists with de Souza playing his trump card with a closeout jam but, with less than a minute to go, Parkinson paddled into a long wall and tore into multiple sections as the Parkinson family and spectators aboard the Kuda Princess watched in awe. The judges rated Parkinson’s last wave a 9.0, and the Australian surfer was able to hoist the Four Seasons Maldives Surfing Champions Trophy for the first time.
This event returns in 2024 with another line-up. Stay tuned for updates.
Tropicsurf Courses and Cruises
- Dream program for beginners
- Learn the essentials in the calm waters of Kuda Huraa’s lagoon before hitting the waves. No experience is required, though reasonable fitness is important. Advance from the lagoon to level two, which qualifies you to venture onto the breaks – in hopes of experiencing the thrill of gliding across your first wave.
- Daily surfs
- Daily boat trips take surfers to Kuda Huraa’s world-class waves. Your guide is also an expert coach, so be sure to ask if you’d like some tips to get you ripping sooner.
- Ride clinic and coaching
- Serious about taking your surfing to the next level? Tropicsurf’s 10-step program will increase your knowledge, confidence and wave count. Twenty years in the making, this is a well-known improvement program. Combined with some perfect Kuda Huraa surf, you’ll never get a better opportunity to rip harder.
Seaplane Surfing Safari
RIDE A SEAPLANE INTO THE HEART OF MALDIVIAN SURF WILDERNESS
- You’ll be on top of the world when you drop into a wave during your own customized surfing safari in the Indian Ocean. Board a seaplane with a team of expert guides to begin this exclusive Four Seasons Extraordinary Experience, available only at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa. Together, you’ll take flight and launch an epic quest to find your ultimate surfing destination. Circle strings of pearl-like islands before descending to ride perfect, empty waves in some of the Indian Ocean’s most pristine locations. Surf to your heart’s content, then paddle back to the plane for refreshments – or fly to the next break to catch a pushing tide. Go with the wind, chase the swell, savour the freedom and enjoy a journey into the heart of Maldivian surf wilderness before returning to Kuda Huraa in time for sundowners on the beach.
Hang ten with us
- Adopt an ocean lifestyle at our Surf School run by professionals from Tropicsurf of Noosa, Australia. Learn in our lagoon with courses for guests ages 6 and older, or let loose on six quality breaks within a stone’s throw. Enjoy easy take-offs and long rides in some of the world’s most consistent and warmest swells, then head to the Surf Shack to store your board, watch the latest surfing movie or just hang out. The best waves occur year round for beginners and from April to October for experienced surfers.