The Maldives is renowned for its abundance of fish life, warm pristine waters and close encounters with manta rays and whale sharks. Hone your underwater skills with our certified instructors as you explore some of the most mesmerizing dive sites in the world.
- Aseykara II
All dives are conducted from a custom-designed, dive dhoni, outfitted with full safety and navigation equipment.
- PADI Five-Star Dive Centre
Our on-board dive centre gives you access to a wide variety of secluded hot spots, including exciting channel dives with sharks and rays, vibrant thilas, cleaning stations, wrecks and coral overhangs.
On-Board Dive Facilities
- Multilingual dive staff and experienced crew
- Marine biologist
- Maximum, 6:1 guest-to-dive-guide ratio
- Separate nitrox and air-compressor systems
- Full equipment for all on-board guests
- SCUBAPRO BCDs and regulators, Suunto computers and Cressi fins
- Surface-marker buoys
- Sea Marshall personal locator radio beacons
- Hot and cold showers on 2 sea-level platforms
- Dedicated freshwater rinse tank for camera equipment
- Coffee- and tea-making facilities and post-dive refreshments
- Underwater photography and videography services available
- Daily Diving Schedule
- Divers can usually expect two dives in the morning and one in the afternoon, with the option of additional sunrise, night and wreck excursions. From May to November, the currents move large quantities of plankton through the atolls, attracting manta rays and whale sharks to the eastern side of the country. From December to April, the wind reverses, resulting in 30 to 40 metres (100 to 130 feet) of incredible visibility and consistent, near-perfect conditions. Dive itineraries adapt to currents and conditions, seasonal marine visitors and the diving requirements of those on-board. Every cruise aboard Four Seasons Explorer is unique.
- Diving Courses
- Four Seasons Explorer is geared toward qualified divers. It is the ideal vessel on which to hone your dive skills, increase your underwater confidence and develop specialty skills in thrilling, new areas. Development courses offered on-board range from Advanced Open Water Diver to more than 12 specialties, including Enriched Air Nitrox, Deep, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Drift and Underwater Naturalist. Or just join us for fun to explore some of the most unspoiled and mesmerizing dive sites in the Maldives. Please contact the dive team prior to embarkation to discuss any particular dive interests or course requirements.
- Manta Trust Expeditions 2018
- Join Guy Stevens and the team from The Manta Trust – the world’s leading manta-ray charity – on-board Four Seasons Explorer for a thrilling insight into the world of manta rays and whale sharks. Improve your free-diving technique, learn how to take ID photos and help record critical, environmental information as you immerse in every aspect of the research experience. Complemented by the superlative water sports, leisure and diving facilities of the world’s only floating Four Seasons resort, this is a unique opportunity to engage with the Maldives “gentle giants” alongside some of the world’s leading experts. Suitable for divers and non-divers alike, including families with children as young as 8 years old. The seven-night Mantra Trust Expeditions is available from Aug. 23 to 30, 2018, and Sept. 6 to 13, 2018 (3- and 4-night cruises also available within these dates).