Spanning 1,200 square kilometres (463 square miles) of pristine waters and comprising 75 islands (13 inhabited), the Indian Ocean’s Baa Atoll is home to the world’s biggest known population of manta rays and one of the richest coral-reef systems on earth. Voavah sits in the Baathala region, famed for its marine diversity, exceptional corals and nesting sites for green and hawksbill turtles. This truly private, 2-hectare (5-acre) playground and party hideout is coupled with our legendary Four Seasons service to create a one-of-a-kind experience you won’t find anywhere else in the world.
Need to Know
- Transfers to Voavah
- To get to Voavah, you will travel by an eight-seater, VIP seaplane or standard, 15-seater seaplane (20 kilograms/44 pounds of luggage per person). All special arrangements can be accommodated.
- Visa and Passports
- All visitors to the Maldives must possess a valid passport and return air ticket. A complimentary, 30-day tourist visa will be issued upon arrival. If guests are arriving from Yellow Fever-infected areas, they must produce a vaccination certificate. Guests may not bring alcohol, pork products, pornography or weapons into the Maldives. These items will be confiscated at the airport and disposed by the airport authorities.
- 24-Hour Security
- Voavah’s single entry point means no one gets in without our knowledge, and your experience is further supported by 24-hour, on-site security and patrols, CCTV and night-vision cameras. There are also two rooms available for personal security/staff.
- Medical Services
- All of our guests get access to a 24-hour doctor on-call, as well as access to Landaa Clinic (20 minutes away). Voavah is left as close to its natural state as Resort operations permit. As such, the island’s wildlife may on occasion extend to a few mosquitoes (usually after it rains) as well as seasonal drifts of oceanic plankton, which can cause minor irritation to exposed skin. During certain periods, contact with seasonal caterpillars can trigger short-lived, dermatological symptoms. While we implement an environmentally responsible, mosquito-control program (involving the identification and eradication of mosquito-breeding sites), we are occasionally required to undertake precautionary, early-morning fogging, particularly during the wet season. The fog is not harmful to humans but the process may result in minor noise disturbance and, in rare cases, minor, short-term skin irritation. For more information or in the event of contact with mosquitoes, plankton or caterpillars, please contact the Resort Clinic.
Let us make the arrangements
- CIP Services for Immigration
- Upon arrival in Male , we’ll meet you off the plane, escort you to the VIP Lounge and get all immigration, baggage and customs details taken care of before whisking you to a VIP seaplane for the 40-minute, onward flight to Voavah. Please note that this service requires prior copies of each guest’s passport.
- Private-Jet Handling
- Let us know if you’ll be flying in on your own plane and we can offer guidance in terms of private-jet handling assistance.
- Bespoke Needs
- From specific staff requirements to unique requests, all special arrangements can be accommodated.
Transport Hubs and Directions
- Male International Airport (MLE)
- Travel Time
- Approximately 35 minutes by plane