Situated at the hub of the Financial District and the Embarcadero waterfront, our Hotel’s location serves as an ideal home base for your San Francisco adventures. Discover incredible things to do in the area, then let our expert concierge team tailor each experience to surpass your wildest expectations. Or tell us your idea of a once-in-a-lifetime adventure, and allow our dream makers to create your own truly unforgettable experience. Follow the hashtag #ExperienceEmbarcadero for new discoveries, recommendations and more.
ICONIC SAN FRANCISCO THROUGH THE LENS
- Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco at Embarcadero is proud to collaborate with award-winning photographer Adam Jacobs, frequently named one of the city’s top fine art photographers, to offer exclusive photography experiences for guests. Choose from one of the two photography experiences below and soon be creating amazing photographs around San Francisco and creating memories from the trip to last a lifetime.
SAN FRANCISCO PHOTOGRAPHY CITY TOUR EXPERIENCE
- Capture the magnificence of San Francisco from the city to the ocean when embarking on a photography expedition with award-winning photographer Adam Jacobs, who has been commissioned to photograph icons such as Nelson Mandela, Desmond Tutu and Bill Clinton, while being named as one of the Bay Area’s top fine-art photographers. Thanks to an exclusive collaboration with Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco at Embarcadero, Jacobs shows guests the world behind his camera lens and presents the beauty of San Francisco. He offers professional insights to view landmarks in an entirely new way while teaching guests how to create timeless images. The day begins by wandering down to the famous Ferry Building to capture the early morning light and learn the fundamentals of photography under the iconic Bay Bridge. Then be whisked off to the famed Twin Peaks to take in the breathtaking views and learn how to capture sweeping panoramic photographs, one of Jacobs’ specialties. Indulge in a local lunch before you criss-cross town with Jacobs, as he shows guests unique perspectives of famous landmarks including Lombard Street, The Painted Ladies, Pier 39 and Fisherman’s Wharf. By sunset, head to the Golden Gate Bridge to capture the golden light shimmering off the Pacific Ocean and create perfect landscape photographs, confident of your own pictorial prowess. Advanced booking is required and is subject to availability to capture memories from the trip to last a lifetime. Experience is approximately six hours.
EMBARCADERO PHOTOGRAPHY WALK
- Learn how to “make” photos rather than just “take” them. Featuring one of the best vantage points to view the San Francisco Bay and skyline, Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco at Embarcadero acts as a launching point to discover the city during a private photography walk with the award-winning photographer Adam Jacobs. You’ll head from the hotel straight towards the ocean as Jacobs teaches guests how to ‘see’ in a different way and shows unique angles and perspectives from which to capture the city’s iconic landmarks. This three-hour walking tour encompasses many of the city’s sites, equipping guests with all the professional tips and tricks needed to capture perfect photographs throughout a stay in the Golden City. Advanced booking is required and is subject to availability. Experience is approximately three hours.
- About the Photographer
- Adam Jacobs is an internationally acclaimed and award-winning photographer. He has photographed landmark occasions across the globe including the Olympics, Super Bowls, FIFA World Cup Finals and the Queen’s Golden Jubilee. He has also been commissioned to photograph icons across politics, sport and entertainment including Nelson Mandela, Presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama as well as Mick Jagger, Shakira, Sachin Tendulkar and Andy Murray. His fine-art work has been displayed in museums across America including SFMOMA, has hung in state senates and forms part of exclusive private collections including the "Sir Elton John Photography Collection". The originality and signature style of his imagery led the British Institute of Photography to award Adam the Best Licentiate Award (LBIPP), one of the top three awards the Institute presents each year. He’s also been awarded the title of Alumni Laureate for Outstanding Achievement In the Arts, with his work being commissioned by clients ranging from Nike, Facebook, PWC, L’Oreal and Visa to name a few.
EYE SPY FROM THE SKY
- From the 48th-floor Sky Bridge, how many San Francisco landmarks can you spy? Go on a visual hunt from the sky and explore some of our favourite destinations. Scan the QR code at each landmark to learn more. Share your photos from the Sky Bridge or at one of the marked landmarks for a special prize. Tag #ExperienceEmbarcadero and @FSEmbarcadero.