This Promotion is open to legal residents of the United States, Canada (excluding Quebec) and the United Kingdom only. Participants must be over the age of 21 at the time of entry. No purchase necessary to enter or claim a prize. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Internet access is required to participate.
The Pin Your Dream Wedding promotion (the “Promotion”) begins at 12:01 a.m. EST on May 16, 2012 (the “Promotion Start Date”) and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on June 13, 2012 (the “Promotion End Date”), such period referred to herein as the “Promotion Period.” The Promotion is sponsored by Four Seasons Hotels Limited (the “Promotion Sponsor”). The Promotion Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for the Promotion. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Pinterest. You are providing your information to the Promotion Sponsor, and not to Pinterest.
1. How to Enter: To enter the Promotion:
a. Log into your Pinterest account (http://pinterest.com). If you are not already a member of Pinterest, visit Pinterest and request an invitation. Please take into account the fact that there may be a delay between the time you request an invitation and the time you are actually signed-up. The Promotion Sponsor is not responsible for any such delays.
b. Once you have set up a Pinterest account and logged in, follow Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts on Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/fourseasons).
c. Next, create a pin board entitled My Four Seasons Dream Wedding.
d. Then, pin 10 or more photos from Four Seasons Magazine (http://magazine.fourseasons.com/) and as many as your own photos as you wish. Please make sure that the photos you pin (other than from Four Seasons Magazine) are “your own” photos and that you have the right to share them. For more detail, see Paragraph 4 below.
e. Re-pin an image from any Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts board, and include a creative pin board description. Under each pin, include the hashtag #LuxBride.
f. Finally, when your board is complete, visit http://magazine.fourseasons.com/pin-your-dream-wedding-contest and complete the contest form, including a link to your board.
By entering into the Promotion, you agree that you have read and will abide by these Official Rules. At the close of the Promotion Period, the Promotion Sponsor’s team will choose a winner from among the participants who enter in accordance with these Official Rules. The winner will be selected based on the sole discretion of the Promotion Sponsor, and the entries will be judged on creativity and originality (50%) and the use of Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts property imagery (50%). The choice of winner is final and binding and not subject to review or appeal. One entrant selected by the Promotion Sponsor will win a Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts Gift Card valued at US $2500.
2. Prize: There will be one (1) prize offered to the winner of the Promotion, consisting of a US $2500.00 Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts Gift Card. If redeemed at a hotel or resort managed by Four Seasons where the local currency is other than U.S. dollars, the hotel’s/resort’s current exchange rate will be used to calculate the credit. Terms and conditions of the gift card apply. See Gift Card Conditions of Use for details.
Odds of winning are affected by the number of eligible entries received by the Promotion Sponsor by the Promotion End Date. Total approximate retail value of all prizes: USD $2500.00. Allow 4-6 weeks after validation of arrangement for receipt of prize. There is no substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prizes allowed. Winner will be solely responsible for all other expenses in excess of the gift card amount. The Promotion Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. The Promotion Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. For residents of the United States and Canada: all federal, state, provincial/territorial, and local taxes, if any, are the responsibility of the winner. In the event there is a dispute over the identity of the winner the Promotion Sponsor will award the Gift Card to the authorized holder of the Pinterest Account used to enter the Promotion. In order to receive the prizes, winner may be required to provide proof of identification.
3. Eligibility: The Promotion is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Canada (excluding Quebec) and the United Kingdom who are at least 21 years old at the time of entry. The prize shall only be delivered to addresses in those areas.
Entries are limited to individuals only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant accepts the terms and conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to adhere to all applicable Pinterest Terms of Service, Copyright and Trademark policies, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Promotion Sponsor and warrants that s/he is eligible to participate in the Promotion. Failure to comply with either the terms and conditions in these Official Rules, or the Pinterest Terms of Service, Copyright and Trademark policies shall result in disqualification, and will allow the Promotion Sponsor to select an alternate winner. Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of (i) the Promotion Sponsor, its affiliates and subsidiaries, (ii) hotels and resorts (“Hotels”) managed by Promotion Sponsor and its affiliates and subsidiaries, and (iii) Promotion Sponsor’s or Hotels’ advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and their immediate family members and persons living in the same household, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. PROMOTION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW and is subject to applicable federal, state, provincial/territorial and local laws and regulations.
Entries that are submitted in connection with the Promotion will only be eligible if such entries do not contain content (“Content”) that is unlawful, hateful or obscene, in the Promotion Sponsor’s sole discretion, and do not include any other identifiable individual other than the individual participant unless prior express consent is obtained from such individual. The Promotion Sponsor will allow only those entries that meet all of these criteria, in the sole discretion of the Promotion Sponsor, to be posted.
4. Use of Content: By submitting Content via the contest form to the Promotion Sponsor in connection with the Promotion and adding photos and a creative pin board description to your pin board entitled (My Four Seasons Dream Wedding), you automatically represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, and do hereby grant, to Promotion Sponsor and Hotels managed by Promotion Sponsor the paid-up, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable, non-exclusive right and license to (a) use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display any such Content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate all or any portion of it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party that may exist in such Content; and (b) use the Content, including without limitation, the right and license to make, use, sell, offer for sale, and import any products and/or services which practice or embody, or are configured for use in practicing, all or any portion of the Content and the right to practice. You warrant that the Content has not been copied from any third party and its use by Promotion Sponsor will not infringe or involve the misappropriation of any third party rights (including, but not limited to, rights of publicity and privacy) and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Promotion Sponsor and its affiliates from and against any breach of this warranty. Under no circumstances will the Promotion Sponsor be required to treat any content as confidential. The Promotion Sponsor and Hotels will be entitled to use the Content for any purpose whatsoever without permission from or compensation to you or any other person. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promotion Sponsor will not be liable to you or any other person for any ideas for the Promotion Sponsor’s business (including, without limitation, product designs or ideas) derived from the Content and will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities to the Content that may appear in any future products or services of the Promotion Sponsor. By submitting Content, you also understand and accept that the personal data supplied by you will be used by the Promotion Sponsor or its nominee to process the competition, to inform the winning participant of its winning entry, to distribute the prize, to comply with paragraph 8 below and otherwise as may be required by law. In addition, the Promotion Sponsor may use such personal data for the purpose of sending commercial marketing and communication emails to you. The Promotion Sponsor may also share such personal data with third parties for the purpose of commercial marketing and communications. You consent to such use. You have the right to access, and/or modify and/or request the destruction of your personal data at any time by sending a request to the Promotion Sponsor. You have the right to opt out from receiving such marketing and communication at any time by sending a message to the Promotion Sponsor.
5. Selection of Winners: On or about June 13, 2012 (the “Selection Date”), the Promotion Sponsor will select the winner in the manner set forth in paragraph 1. The winner will be notified by email and/or telephone using the information provided on the official entry form, within 30 days of the Selection Date. If the selected entrant is a Canadian Resident, in order to win, such selected Canadian entrant must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by mail, email or telephone. In the event the winner does not accept the prize within five (5) business days of such notice, the winner is ineligible, or the prize or prize notification is not deliverable, an alternate winner may be selected, again applying the above criteria, with the first selected winner removed from consideration. The Promotion Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, address (by reference only to the state, province, county or region), likeness, and/or prize information by Promotion Sponsor and Hotels managed by Promotion Sponsor for promotional purposes in any medium without additional permission or compensation to the extent permitted by law. Where lawful, the winner may be required to sign and return a Publicity Consent and Liability Release.
6. Conditions: The Promotion Sponsor, Hotels managed by the Promotion Sponsor, and Pinterest, and their respective agents, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, insurers, servants, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, predecessors, successors, representatives, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors (the “Released Entities”), are not responsible for, shall not be liable for, and hereby disclaim (to the fullest extent permitted by law), all liability arising from or relating to: (i) late, lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, misaddressed, incomplete, unintelligible or postage-due entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, internet, computer or other malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, whether human or technical; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer or e-mail transmissions; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Promotion Sponsor; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Promotion; or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion. The Promotion Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Promotion should any unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond the Promotion Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion. In the event that proper administration of the Promotion is prevented by such causes as contemplated above, the Promotion Sponsor will select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such occurrence. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the email address used to set up the Pinterest account at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned an email address by an internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. By participating in the Promotion, participants and winners agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Entities, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Promotion, from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising out of or relating to the Promotion, participation in the Promotion, the prize, and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, including but not limited to statutory and common law claims for misappropriation or participant’s right of publicity. This Promotion shall be governed by New York law for any disputes involving residents of the United States, by the laws of the province of Ontario and all federal Canadian laws applicable therein for any disputes involving residents of Canada, and by the laws of England and courts of England and Wales for any disputes involving residents of the United Kingdom.
7. Winners List: For the name of the winner, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope by June 13, 2012 to the Promotion Sponsor.
8. Promotion Sponsor:
Four Seasons Hotels Limited
1165 Leslie Street
M3C 2K8 CANADA
Attn: Marketing Department
9. Notice: The Promotion Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages against any individual who attempts to deliberately undermine the proper operation of the Promotion in violation of these Official Rules and/or criminal and/or civil law.
10. Copyright © 2012 Four Seasons Hotels Limited. All rights reserved. Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts and the associated logo and Tree Device are registered trademarks of Four Seasons Hotels Limited and its affiliates. Any other trademarks in these Official Rules are used for prize identification purposes ONLY and are the properties of their respective owners.