Kids For All Seasons
Through a range of organized indoor and outdoor activities, kids ages 5 to 12* can get to know our beautiful island. Our complimentary Kids For All Seasons program encourages children to appreciate Lanai’s unique environment. They learn about petroglyphs, the spirit of aloha and how the Hawaiian Islands formed. They can even build their own erupting volcanoes, go hunting for lizards or watch a keiki (child) hula show.
Children are welcome in the day programme at any time – no reservations are required. Evening events are offered seasonally and reservations are highly recommended. Customized themed evening events are available for groups of eight or more upon request.
All programs offer children the opportunity to explore and appreciate Hawaii’s natural beauty. Please contact a Lanai Ambassador at firstname.lastname@example.org for schedule details.
*Children under 5 are welcome, but they must be accompanied by an adult. Proof of age, such as a birth certificate or passport, is required for all 5-year-old children.
SAMPLE DAYTIME ACTIVITIES
- Explore the tidal pools along Hulopoe Bay while learning about the exotic sea creatures that call them home.
- Join creative art classes – learn to sponge-paint or draw colourful vegetation and wildlife, or experiment with watercolours and clay.
- Enjoy more than 50 arts and crafts activities.
- Play a new board game (or an old favourite).
- Trek through the lush Resort Gardens searching for koi fishponds and waterfalls.
- Catch the aloha spirit – play traditional Hawaiian games.
- Collect fragrant flowers to make a lei.
- Catch a chameleon.
- Learn how the Hawaiian Islands were formed as you build your own volcano and island habitat at Hulopoe Beach.
- Play tennis with our international pro or with your new friends.
SAMPLE EVENING ACTIVITIES
- Participate in relay events at the torchlit luau grounds.
- Join a karaoke contest and sing the night away.
- Hunt for geckos or sand crabs.
- Watch your favourite movie from our expansive DVD library.
- Enjoy a theme night – organized upon request or during peak holiday periods. Themes include Safari Night, Ice Cream Party, Rock and Roll, Carnival Party, Hawaiian Beach Party, Glow-in-the-Dark Jamboree, Keiki Campout, and Keiki Luau, or we can tailor one to your needs. All participants enjoy dinner, craft activities and games, and receive a themed goodie bag. For more details or to design an event, please contact a Lanai Ambassador.