Channel your inner Robinson Crusoe and let the adventures begin. Endless opportunities await at Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo, with an abundance of outdoor activities offered both on and off the resort grounds.
Our Concierge can customize any itinerary just for you. Whether you’d like to go kayaking and on a nature hike to spot local wildlife, or flying through the jungle and surf some of the best breaks in the world, we’d be happy to arrange it.
Day 1 – Welcome to Costa Rica
- Your family will be greeted at Liberia International Airport upon exiting customs by Four Seasons staff and escorted to your private transfer in a luxury SUV to accommodate the whole family.
- Take advantage of our luxury SUV's Mobile Check-In via Skype and order a delicious snack to be waiting in your room upon arrival at the Resort.
- Relax pool and beachside with your family. Try a Costa Rican tradition - Copos - a flavourful shaved ice available in adult versions, as well.
- Enjoy a Latin-inspired dinner at Sol y Sombra restaurant with an eclectic menu of continental cuisine, featuring local specialties. The kids will be delighted with an interactive children's menu featuring the classics. Children under five dine free!
- Start the day off right with Room Service breakfast for the whole family, served on your private terrace or balcony.
- Check your little ones into a half-day of fun at Kids For All Seasons, our complimentary program for kids between 4 and 10 years of age. While they enjoy crafts, games, swimming and scavenger hunts, you can relax and be pampered in one of our new luxury cabanas on the beach.
- While on your way to collect your kids from KFAS, stop by our Pipa Fria station for a freshly cracked coconut beverage. Enjoy your coconut water right from the shell in true Costa Rican fashion.
- Head over to CR Burger, located at the golf and tennis facility. Enjoy burgers, hot dogs, French fries and plantains with a Latin influence, and chase it with a deliciously refreshing milkshake.
- After lunch, monkey around on our 18-hole real-grass miniature golf course for some quality time. Then enjoy a private family clinic on our grass tennis court with one of our PBI tennis instructors.
- Cool off after your active day with a late afternoon dip in the pool! Mom and Dad can try our amphibious drink server, La Rana (the frog), while in the pool. A well-deserved beverage awaits you after your frolic with the kids!
- Enjoy a special family dinner in the open-air terrace setting at Cena Sociale - Italian Kitchen and Wine Bar, as the Executive Chef's variety of Italian and seafood creations entice your palette. Don't miss Cena Sociale's signature gelato flavours created by the Resort's culinary team.
- Start your day off with a delicious Power Protein Shake delivered to our very own Surf Shack, located on Playa Blanca beach. Here your family can embark on the Tropicsurf Dream, a beginners resort surfing package. Rest assure that Tropicsurf will have everyone triumphantly standing on their board by the end of the session.
- Head to CR Burger Shack for a fun Costa Rican take on the classic American burger shack.
- During the afternoon, kids can explore KFAS for a new day of interesting, organized activities and crafts, while parents get some time to sneak away for an elaborate couples' massage in our Spa's Pacifica Suite. Rest assure that our therapists will customise the perfect spa experience for you.
- Enjoy a relaxing family dinner at Sol y Sombra, where you can savor fresh selections from the made to order ceviche bar. After dinner visit our Concierge and borrow a board game. Then head back to your room for an old-fashioned family game night!
- Start your day off with an invigorating morning nature hike spotting wildlife, monkeys, birds and more local creatures.
- Enjoy the elaborate breakfast buffet at Sol y Sombra restaurant and make sure you have a slice of our signature banana bread and fresh tropical juice of the day.
- Make your way to Playa Blanca, our activities beach, where you can take advantage of the selection of non-motorized water sports. Try your hand at stand-up paddleboarding or take a family kayaking tour out to Monkey Head. Or just relax on the beach and work together as a team building a sand castle.
- Enjoy a wonderful casual lunch beachside. A pool and beachside menu is available with a wide selection of delicious snacks and entrees.
- In the afternoon, take the family for an exciting canopy tour. Head to Witch's Rock just 20 minutes from the Resort for an exilirating zip lining adventure.
- When you return back to the Resort, take a quick dip in the pool and grab a traditional Costa Rican Ice Cream from our local Pops Ice Cream Cart at the pool.
- End an action-packed day with an interactive dining experience at Sol y Sombra and enjoy the rich and exotic flavours of South America with dishes cooked in a traditional South American style on a rotisserie.
- Start your day off with an in-room dining experience on your private terrace, and follow it with a family golf scramble on our 18-hole Arnold Palmer Championship golf course. The course was designed and carved out of a national park, and you will be delighted by the panoramic views and wildlife. Be sure to play the back 9 and take advantage of the backdrop on hole 17 for a family photo opportunity.
- For the afternoon, arrange for some box lunches and head out for a luxurious catamaran sail around the Peninsula Papagayo. Snorkelling and swimming as a family will be a memorable addition to your already adventurous itinerary.
- Late in the afternoon, stop by Tuanis, our Teen Centre, for a family ping-pong challenge, or for a go at Wii or PlayStation games.
- A private family dinner at the Chef's Table in the Herb Garden of Caracol Restaurant will create a lasting impression on your last night at Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica. Enjoy a custom dinner created for your family by our Executive Chef.
- Complete the night with stargazing through our telescope. Pura vida!