Bordered by beaches and cliffs and crowned by sacred volcanic mountains, Bali is a spiritual haven offering a glimpse of what is possible when we align ourselves with the Earth. To enable this connection, the Balinese believe that within the physical body, there exists a secondary body – the etheric body – responsible for absorbing and transmitting physical, emotional and spiritual energies to and from the universe around us. The centres of activity that govern this flow are called chakras: spinning ‘wheels of energy’ that exist in thousands, with seven main ‘wheels’ located along our spinal column.
Connecting the seen and the unseen worlds, our chakras are influenced and stimulated by everything around and within us. If one or more of them is out of balance, we lack the harmonious flow necessary to function.
Our seven blissful Chakra Ceremonies combine authentic Balinese traditions, physical therapies and energy healing to restore balance and harmony to the body’s key energy centres. To go beyond words, beyond the mind, we share the sound of pure quartz crystal singing bowls at the beginning and end of each Chakra Ceremony. Our crystal bowls are tuned to 432 Hz, aligned with the intonation of nature. This pure sound tunes the body and mind to the heartbeat of Mother Earth and instills peace and wonder to enhance the healing effect of each Chakra Ceremony.
Choose the ritual that resonates most strongly with you or complete our questionnaire to determine which of your chakras may be most out of balance.
The 'grounding' chakra
- The root chakra (located in the base of the spine) is our centre of security and the foundation of our emotions and actions.
- When balanced, it brings inner peace and helps free full potential.
- Traditionally the Balinese cleanse the root chakra twice a month, ceremonially opening it up to the earth to release negativity and bring good health.
Our Muladhara ritual is ideal for frequent travellers or during periods of change or disharmony. It combines a cleansing Balinese kemenyan smoke ceremony, soothing singing bowls and deep slow massage using locally grown ginger and cinnamon, blended with vetivert, patchouli and jatamansi oils. Together, they induce a deep sense of stillness and connection, leaving you feeling physically and emotionally grounded.
The ‘self development’ chakra
- The sacral chakra (located in the lower abdomen) is our centre of sensuality and self-worth, fertility and creativity.
- When balanced, it enables us to ‘let go’, connect openly to others and develop our own sense of pleasure and creativity.
- Rituals dedicated to the sacral chakra are integral to Balinese wedding, pregnancy and young adult ceremonies.
Great as a couple’s experience or for anyone seeking affirmation of their true self, our sensuous Swadhisthana treatment combines a deep lymphatic scrub, Vichy shower, nourishing bath and flowing chakra warming massage with ylang ylang and jasmine oils, and cananga ‘breath of peace’ meditation. Together, a renewed sense of optimism, responsibility, contentment and enthusiasm is nurtured and restored.
150 minutes – IDR 3,100,000
Couple: 150 minutes – IDR 6,000,000
The 'inner strength' chakra
- The navel chakra (located in the solar plexus) is our centre of vitality and vibrancy, and governs our capacity to
grow and develop.
- When balanced it boosts our inner fire, sense of purpose and healthy self-confidence.
- The Balinese honour this chakra at least twice a day with prayers to the gods to help provide self-worth, guidance, protection and strength.
Signs of an imbalanced Manipura include low self-esteem, poor self-discipline or a ‘fiery’ temperament. This elevating treatment begins with an energising and detoxifying foot and body scrub infused with freshly grated local ginger and lemongrass. A bio-energy mud wrap, lemongrass and basil bath, and vital energy massage follow. Together, they balance the inner fire, restoring good self-esteem and a sense of empowerment.
The ‘universal compassion’ chakra
- The heart chakra (located in the chest) is our centre of unconditional love and seat of compassion, forgiveness, generosity and wellbeing.
- When balanced it enables us to feel great compassion, understanding, acceptance and ease.
- This chakra is very important to the Balinese, as opening the heart clears negativity, allowing only love and compassion to be given and received.
Ideal for anyone seeking emotional balance or renewed positivity and equilibrium, this rose-based ritual begins with a blissfully nurturing scrub and rose and turberose flower bath. A loving, rose oil body massage precedes the focused heart work, which comprises a rose quartz crystal chest massage followed by heart-shaped basti filled with healing damascena rose otto placed over the heart. A sense of harmony is restored, leaving you feeling at one with yourself and those around you.
150 minutes – IDR 3,100,000
Couple: 150 minutes – IDR 6,000,000
The 'truth' chakra
- The throat chakra (located in the centre of the throat) governs our communication, honesty and creative expression; it is also our body’s sleep centre.
- When balanced, it embodies positivity, clear thinking and creative energy.
- The Balinese traditionally balance the throat chakra by singing and using musical instruments to create vibrational energy.
Emerge from this subtly rejuvenating treatment feeling more focused, inspired and aligned. It begins with yoga and breathing exercises, healing chants and smudge stick smoke to purify and cleanse the body. A specialised marma-point facial massage then balances the 16 petals of the Vishuddha chakra, located on the face. Great for clearing the mind of negativity or criticism and encouraging deep, restful sleep.
The ‘perception’ chakra
- The third eye chakra (located in the centre of the forehead) is our soul centre and seat of our imagination, wisdom, higher intuition and visualisation.
- When in harmony, it promotes deep inner peace, enables us to follow our dreams, and opens our minds to the infinite potential of the universe.
- The Balinese believe that the energies of the third eye are accessible to all, and are unblocked and balanced through meditation.
This unifying ritual uses Kriya yoga, meditation, breathing techniques and soothing oils of sandalwood and jasmine to release exhaustion and emotional stress. Flowing warm oil and local daun piduh (known for its spiritual and healing qualities) bless each chakra prior to a balancing amethyst gel wrap, during which focused marma point facial techniques help pave the way for a more peaceful, clearer and ‘knowing’ state of mind.
The 'enlightenment' chakra
- The crown chakra (located on top of the head) is our seat of pure consciousness and connection to the universe.
- When in harmony, it brings great intuitive knowledge, selfless spiritual awareness and a true sense of purpose.
- In Balinese culture, Sahasrara is the most sacred chakra; the entire head is believed to be the link to divine love and must not be touched without invitation.
This enlightening and balancing ritual begins with a tender Kundalini back massage to relax the nervous system and harmonise the flow of energy along the spinal column. The crown is then anointed, the head gently massaged, and a hair mask applied – a unifying sequence that channels energy from the heart of the earth to the higher self, encouraging reconnection with one’s source.
Note: Prices and treatments are subject to change without notice. Prices are subject to a 21% tax and service charge.