Discover incredible things to do in the Bora Bora area, then let our expert concierge team tailor each experience to surpass your wildest expectations. Or tell us your private fantasy for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure, and allow our dream makers to create your own truly unforgettable experience.
Toast Polynesia with Heiva
- Experience Heiva Bora Bora, the island's annual festival of song and dance, guided by your Heiva Ambassador and Resort Concierge. Taking place each year (mostly in July), Heiva occupies the square of Vaitape at Place Tu Vavau and is known for its soul-stirring music, dancing, singing and sporting events that highlight the beauty and culture of the Polynesian people. As a Four Seasons guest, you'll join the celebrations one you board the Resort’s catamaran for the ride to Vaitape. Toast Heiva with cocktails in coconuts and sweet treats to the sound of ukulele music. Once at Place Tu Vavau, grab a locally-made cushion to place on your seat for extra comfort during the performances. With bespoke guidance and recommendations from your guide throughout Heiva, you'll experience the sights, sounds and flavours in the way you most desire. Or, join a number of Resort-guided Polynesian classes throughout Heiva, like flower crown and pareo making, monoi oil making and shell necklace making.
Private Snorkel Adventure and Motu Lunch
- Meet your local guide at the Resort dock and head across Bora Bora's famous lagoon on a motorized outrigger canoe, paying homage to the traditional seafaring vessel of the Polynesians. Your private tour takes you to three incredible locations for underwater adventure: the Coral Garden, where you'll see colorful reef fish amid dreamlike coral structures; the shallow waters, where you'll interact with mesmerizing stingrays; and the Pacific Ocean, where schools of blacktip reef sharks and lemon sharks roam. Finish your day with a fresh lunch on your guide's private motu (island), where you'll enjoy a taste of authentic Polynesia.
Connect with the Artist
- Meet renowned painter Alain Despert and connect with the island’s most famous artist. Board a private afternoon yacht to his hilltop studio on the main island, where you'll meet Alain and his wife Karen. You'll get to know them and learn of Alain's inspirations, share stories and see where his colorful masterpieces are created. Upon returning to the Resort, Alain will guide you on a tour of his collection at Four Seasons before enjoying a wine-paired dinner surrounded by some of his signature pieces. Your memorable evening concludes with an original gift from the artist. You'll also have the option to commission an original piece of art to hang on your wall back home, forever reminding you of your time in paradise.
Private Culinary Experiences
- The Resort offers a selection of highly-personalized private culinary experiences. From a romantic dinner for two on the Sunset Motu, to a family cooking class or movie night on the beach - there is something to suit every taste. Our team creates the ideal setting for a special and memorable event, and allows you to choose customizations to make it a true bespoke experience (from fireworks and live musicians, to florals and photographers). No matter the occasion, your private culinary experience will be a highlight of your stay in paradise.
Cultural Classes with Coqui Coqui
In partnership with Coqui Coqui, Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora is offering two weekly classes celebrating the local culture of French Polynesia.
Make Your Own Tahitian Monoï Oil
- An ancestral tradition of Polynesian women for beauty and care, monoï oil is admired for its delicate fragrance and various benefits for skin and hair. Guided by a Coqui Coqui ambassador, this weekly class is an introduction to the production of monoï, allowing you to participate in the maceration process (soaking tiare flowers in pure coconut oil) and create your own organic monoï oil to enjoy and take home.
Make Your Own Polynesian Shell Necklace
- In this weekly interactive workshop led by a Coqui Coqui ambassador, learn how to weave Polynesian shell necklaces with natural raffia fibres and beach-combed shells from our motu. Connect with your creative side, design your own necklace, and take it home to wear or gift to family and friends.