Surf, City and Sky Itinerary
Located in the historic Rocks district on the harbour’s edge, Four Seasons Hotel Sydney looks forward to welcoming you and your family.
Our dedicated Concierge is on hand to help you plan your visit and create plenty of memories to cherish for years to come. Please call or visit for help personalising this itinerary to suit your family’s interests.
Upon arrival at the hotel, our front desk staff will greet your kids with stuffed kangaroos and koala toys. Welcome Down Under!
Day 1 – Cruise the City and Beaches
See the sites and hit the beach on your first day Down Under.
- Wake up to enjoy a delicious breakfast in bed ordered through In-Room Dining.
- Start the day with a walk along the harbour’s edge, past Sydney’s famed Opera House and through the Royal Botanic Gardens.
- Stop for a quick photo opportunity from Mrs Macquarie’s Point, which offers the iconic backdrop that makes Sydney famous: the Harbour Bridge and Opera House.
- On the way back, jump on board an Oz Jet boat for an adrenaline-inducing adventure ride around Sydney Harbour.
- Catch the 30-minute ferry ride to Sydney’s famous Manly Beach, which is popular among locals and tourists alike.
- While at the beach, saunter down The Corso, a pedestrian plaza lined with palm trees and full of fun shops and street entertainers.
- Learn to ride the waves by signing up for group or private surfing lesson at Manly Beach.
- Quench your hunger with lunch on Manly Wharf at Hugo’s restaurant, a Sydney institution renowned for its delicious gourmet pizzas.
- For the return journey to the city, take a ferry via Luna Park and soak up the carnival atmosphere while the kids enjoy the rides and games.
- For dinner, head back to the hotel and enjoy modern Australian cuisine at the hotel restauraunt.
- After dinner, meet the chef. Take our guided tour of the kitchen and sample gourmet chocolates in the Chocolate Room.
Day 2 – Sydney From Above and Below
See the city from its tallest tower and meet some creatures from the deep.
- After breakfast at the Hotel's modern Australian restaurant, explore the area that surrounds the hotel. Everything Sydney offers is right at our doorstep.
- Take a stroll down George Street, the city’s central promenade. Within 10 minutes you’ll be in the heart of the shopping district.
- Kids will love HobbyCo in the Queen Victoria Building and the children’s department in Myer, one of Australia’s largest and most popular department stores.
- Next, discover the aquatic diversity of Australia, the world’s largest island. Sydney Aquarium is only a five-minute walk from the shops.
- Visit some of our favourite creatures, including the saltwater crocodile, as well as a wide variety of sharks, stingrays and turtles. The kids can even find Nemo!
- As the afternoon draws to a close, look skyward for your next destination: Sydney Tower. Time your visit around sunset for an amazing vista. If you’re feeling a little adventurous, step outsidethe tower onto Skywalk for a breathtaking outdoor tour on the roof (complete with a glass-floor viewing platform).
- For dinner, take a 15-minute walk to Darling Harbour’s waterfront precinct and choose from a plethora of eateries.
- Chow down on the delicious seafood at Nick’s restaurant, or even sample kangaroo meat at I’m Angus Steakhouse.
Day 3 – Adventure Beyond the City Limits
Take a short visit into the countryside and meet some kangaroos.
- Dine at the Hotel restaurant for a hearty breakfast.
- Escape to the serenity of the beautiful Blue Mountains National Park (just a 90-minute drive west of the city).
- The family will be captivated by the views of the Three Sisters and the expansive Jamison Valley. Look close and you’ll see how the Blue Mountains got their name.
- Along the way, visit Featherdale Wildlife Park where the kids can hand-feed the kangaroos and pat the koalas. Arrive early, as that’s when the animals are most sociable.
- End the day with dinner at Fish at the Rocks, one of the locals’ favourite seafood restaurants. It's just a stone’s throw away from the hotel.