Seattle combines the best of the outdoors and city life. Whether it’s the international flavours or the simply gorgeous setting, Seattle has something for everyone. Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, designed from quintessential Pacific Northwest materials and in the heart of downtown, is your base for exploring this captivating city.
The following is a sample itinerary for a couple. Please feel free to visit the Concierge to personalise your visit.
Day 1 – Pike Place Market
Get a fresh and local taste of the Northwest in this day organised around Seattle cuisine.
- Start your day at neighbouring Pike Place Market, the country’s oldest continuously running public farmers’ market. Pike Place opened its doors in 1907.
- In the market, head to the first Starbucks location, complete with its original logo. The first store in the franchise moved in here in 1977.
- Grab your latte to go, or maybe a hot cup of Pike Place roast. To find your breakfast, simply tour this premier farmers’ market that has been called the “Soul of Seattle.”
- Having put the market through your own taste test, stop outside to listen to some of the street performers.
- Don’t forget to place a coin in the market’s unofficial mascot, Rachel the 550-pound (250-kilogram) cast-bronze piggy bank.
- Return to the Hotel in the afternoon to relax on our outdoor terrace around the infinity-edge pool.
- Depending on the season, enjoy a cool beverage by the pool or hot chocolate around the open fireplace.
- Panoramic views of Elliott Bay, Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountain peaks await you.
- Sample local cuisine at the bar at Goldfinch Tavern, while sipping on an innovative cocktail utilizing market-fresh ingredients.
- Then sit down for a leisurely dinner in Goldfinch Tavern, where Restaurant Chef Joe Ritchie presents the best of the Northwest seafood and meat in simply prepared, but delicious dishes. Enjoy the culinary creations of Goldfinch Tavern, where the decor is inspired by Seattle's waterfront.
Day 2 – Artistic inspiration
Find your inspiration. Four Seasons Hotel Seattle and the Seattle Art Museum have come together to provide an intriguing introduction to the city’s vibrant creative community.
- Have a relaxing morning with a romantic breakfast in bed ordered through In-Room Dining. Then, head just across the street to take in some culture.
- Prepare to be wowed. The Hammering Man sculpture outside gives a good indication of the impressive scale of the true art on display at the Seattle Art Museum.
- Be sure to view the museum’s permanent collection, but don’t miss the changing special exhibitions. Ask the Concierge for further details on what’s on display.
- Explore the downtown area and eat lunch at one of the fine restaurants surrounding the Hotel. The Concierge can provide recommendations based on your tastes.
- Return to the Hotel to tour the original art that embellishes the Hotel’s public spaces with an emphasis on the Pacific Northwest.
- Enjoy the culinary creations of Goldfinch Tavern, featuring sophisticated Pacific Northwest cuisine.
- After a delicate meal, travel to Benaroya Hall to be refreshed with a performance by the world-class musicians of the Seattle Symphony.
Day 3 – Shopping and the Spa
Experience world-class shopping before you surrender to a relaxing massage at the Spa at Four Seasons.
- Spend the morning with a walk around downtown.
- Grab breakfast in the area and shop at Pacific Place, a five-level premier shopping centre, or at Nordstrom’s flagship store, just adjacent to Pacific Place.
- Take a stroll down to the waterfront and grab some lunch at any of the great seafood establishments there.
- Return to the hotel and relish the quiet at our oasis in the city. The Spa’s soothing décor combines water, basalt rock and glass tile in an urban interpretation of the coast’s rugged natural beauty.
- Unwind during a couple’s massage…
- Savour the sunset over Puget Sound while enjoying a romantic dinner for two al fresco on the fourth floor pool deck terrace.