Sayan Family Sample Itinerary
Bring your family to a magical treetop hideaway for an incredible Balinese adventure. Balance your time between activities at the Resort and the surrounding countryside and villages. The following is our suggested itinerary for families. Please feel free to contact the Concierge to personalize your stay with us.
Enter our Balinese wonderland over an awe-inspiring wooden cantilevered bridge set amid the treetops. Descend to the lobby for a warm welcome with chilled towels and cold tropical juices.
Day 1 – LIFE OF A BALINESE RICE FARMER
- Start your day by joining an experienced guide on a hike along the Ayung River valley. Explore the terraced rice fields and jungle paths leading to the banks of the river.
- Along the way, witness the bucolic activities of the local farmers and learn about the complex irrigation system used in the paddy fields.
- You’ve worked up an appetite. Breakfast is served in a private balé surrounded by the vivid green rice plantings and the mirror-like watery surfaces of the rice terraces.
- After breakfast, learn to plant rice seeds and transplant shoots in the rice terraces, followed by a snack of young coconuts.
- Relax sore muscles and scrub away dirt with the river-stone bathing ritual called batu kali. Children ages five and older can enjoy a light hand and foot massage, and little girls might enjoy nail painting on hands and feet. Alternatively, children can play in the Pici Pici Club while parents have their massage.
- The morning’s adventures end with a traditional lunch of nasi campur – mixed rice topped with vegetables, meat or fish.
- Return to the Resort and spend a quiet afternoon lounging by the infinity-edge pool.
View a video of the Balinese rice farm experience.
Day 2 – RIVER RAFTING ADVENTURE
- Breakfast in your suite or villa, followed by family adventure. Experience the beauty of the sacred Ayung River aboard a river raft. It’s a beautiful discovery tour, suitable for all experience levels.
- Lunch at Riverside.
- Children can have fun at the Pici Pici Club, while parents lounge beside the Resort’s infinity-edge swimming pool overlooking the Ayung River.
Day 3 – ELEPHANTS AND ART
- Enjoy breakfast on the terrace of your suite or villa.
- Visit the Elephant Safari Park, where you can ride, feed and interact with the world’s largest herd of Sumatran elephants and their babies.
- Lunch in Ubud at Kebun Bistro for authentic Mediterranean cuisine.
- Visit the studio of a master silversmith in Ubud and learn the basics of making Balinese-style jewellery. You’ll create your own personal treasure to take home.
- Dinner at Riverside, overlooking the Ayung River.