Romantic New York Itinerary
Don't just watch romance happen in the city in the movies – bring it to life by visiting New York for a romantic escape. There are loads of options to choose from for couples who want to reconnect and enjoy all that the city has to offer. To make it a bit more manageable, we have created the following sample itinerary of romantic things to do in New York for couples. Please feel free to call or visit the Concierge to personalise your visit.
Upon arrival, refresh and relax in the comfort of your spacious room with a number of complimentary services and amenities, including a DVD player and Plasma/LCD screen television.
Day 1 – Day of natural wonders
Enjoy one of the city’s greatest treasures, Central Park. Don’t forget to take a complimentary bottle of water when leaving the Hotel.
- Have breakfast at The Garden restaurant, where 20-foot (6-metre) acacia trees transform the restaurant into an enchanted forest in the heart of a metropolis.
- Sometimes the most touristy activities can still be the most fun – that’s why we recommend a carriage ride in Central Park after breakfast.
- End up by one of the many bridges inside the park and walk around, taking in the beauty of this green oasis the city.
- Continue your day surrounded by natural beauty and wonders at the American Museum of Natural History, just a short walk away.
- Walk to The Boathouse Cafe, located in the heart of Central Park. The restaurant’s great food is matched only by its romantic setting overlooking a scenic lake.
Day 2 – A day of indulgence
Start the day off lazy, then put on your walking shoes and hit the "Avenue." End the day in one of Manhattan's premier restaurants.
- What is better than breakfast in bed? Sleep late, order from In-Room Dining, and take all the time in the world.
- Grab a complimentary shopping guide from the Concierge and head up Madison Avenue.
- Whether you’re looking for landmark stores like Hermes or Armani, or one-of-a-kind boutiques, Madison Avenue has it all.
- When you need to recharge, pop into Fred’s at Barneys for a quick bite.
- Back at the hotel, bring the Spa into your guestroom and enjoy a couple’s massage. You'll need it – shopping can be very stressful, you know.
- In the city that never sleeps, romance blossoms in the evenings over a candlelit dinner for two at the many fine dining restaurants throughout the city. Let our concierge make your reservations for you.
Day 3 – The Met, MoMA and a meal to remember
What would a visit to New York be without a trip to a museum or two? We’ve got you visiting some of our finest, with a few great meals along the way.
- We suggest an early start, made easier by the complimentary early morning coffee service offered in our lobby.
- Head north on 5th Avenue, walking alongside Central Park to Sarabeth’s Kitchen. This charming restaurant has been a popular choice for local New Yorkers for over 20 years.
- A 10-minute walk down Fifth Avenue brings you to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Try to get to the museum right after it opens at 9:30 am.
- Jump in a cab and head down Fifth Avenue to MoMA – just a 15-minute ride.
- Once there, have lunch at Bar Modern before taking in all the museum has to offer.
- On your last day, treat yourself to an afternoon perusing the city’s most elegant shops.
- Just steps from the Hotel, Madison and Fifth Avenues are home to many world-famous stores, including Barney’s, Louis Vuitton, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bulgari, Tiffany & Co., Christian Dior, Prada, Turnbull & Asser and many other couture designers.
- After a day on your feet, revive your spirit and relax in the welcoming comfort of the Spa.
- A romantic visit to New York would not be complete without dinner at one of your favorite restaurants. Please contact our Concierge to make arrangements.
- Ask the doorman if the housecar is available on your way out. This complimentary service will have you arriving in style in a Mercedes Maybach.
- Finish off the night with a lovely stroll back to the Hotel along Central Park.