Health and Safety Measures
The Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis is pleased to once again welcome visitors to its shores. Since reopening its borders, the destination continues to be one of the least impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and currently remains one of the safest destinations in the Caribbean.
Only fully vaccinated travellers are allowed entry into St. Kitts and Nevis, however non-vaccinated children under the age of 18 travelling with fully vaccinated parents are welcome. Fully vaccinated travellers 12 years and older with a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours or a negative Antigen test taken within 24 hours are not required to undergo any quarantine period or further testing upon arrival into the Federation. Unvaccinated children 12 to 17 years of age who are travelling with fully vaccinated parents must have a RT-PCR test done within 24 hours of arrival. Parents are to “Vacation in Place” with the child until a negative test result is obtained. Unvaccinated children under 12 years of age who are travelling with their fully vaccinated parents will be subject to the same entry protocols as their fully vaccinated parents.
Below are the travel requirements for fully vaccinated travellers:
- A traveller is considered fully vaccinated when two weeks have passed since receiving their second dose of a two dose vaccine series (Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna or AstraZeneca/Oxford) or two weeks after they have received a single dose vaccine (Johnson + Johnson).
- All travellers must complete the Travel Authorization Form on the national website, including uploading proof of vaccination and proof of hotel booking. Proof of vaccination is a scanned copy of the traveller’s official COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card. Upon submission and verification of their vaccination card and completion of their travel authorization form, international travellers will receive authorization of their vaccination card and a KN number.
- Upon submission of a completed travel form, travellers must upload their official COVID-19 RT-PCR negative test result taken 72 hours prior to travel or COVID-19 Antigen negative rest result taken 24 hours prior to arrival. Tests must be conducted by a CLIA/CDC/UKAS approved lab accredited with ISO/IEC 17025 standard. There are no exceptions to the testing timeframes.
- Upon submission of the copy of their official vaccination card and copy of their negative COVID -19 test result, the traveller’s information will be reviewed and they will receive the approval letter to enter the Federation.
- For their trip, travellers should bring a copy of their COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card and their negative COVID-19 test. Please note, acceptable COVID-19 tests must be taken by nasopharyngeal sample. Self-samples, saliva samples or home tests will be considered invalid.
We have endeavored to keep current with applicable St. Kitts and Nevis protocols, but each guest is responsible for complying with the requirements imposed for travel. Please refer directly to the local government website for the latest information.
To find a testing location near you, please visit testfortravel.com.
Once cleared and having exited the airport, guests greeted by a Four Seasons team member will be on-hand to assist with the transportation process:
- Guests will be transported via Four Seasons taxi from the airport to Christophe Harbour (an approximate 12 – 15 minute scenic drive). Guests are required to wear their face masks during the taxi transfer.
- At Christophe Harbour, guests will be met once again by a Four Seasons team member who will offer them a complimentary bottled beverage at the marina prior to boarding the boat for the transfer across to the Resort.
- The boat ride across to Nevis is another 12 – 15 minutes via speed boats that hold anywhere from 8 to 18 guests per boat. Guests are required to wear their face masks during the boat transfer.
- Private boats can also be arranged, upon request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Luggage will travel separately.
Any guest who fails the health screening at the airport will be required to take a COVID-19 test. Those guests will then be transferred privately to the Resort where they will quarantine until test results are returned. If results are negative, the guests will proceed with their planned vacation. If results are positive, guests will need to be isolated until they recover and obtain a negative test result (additional costs apply).
Upon arrival at the Resort, guests will be met at the pier and escorted to the room.
Guests are no longer required to wear masks on property.
If a guest develops COVID-19 during their stay and is unable to return home as scheduled, the Resort follows strict protocols from the St. Kitts and Nevis Ministry of Health as well as Lead With Care guidelines:
- The guest will be placed in isolation, or sent to the hospital depending on the severity of their symptoms.
- Daily wellness checks will be conducted via phone call for those in isolation.
- The guest will only be able leave The Federation on a commercial carrier once the isolation period is over and they receive a negative PCR test result.
- A recovery rate will be offered by the Resort if and when a guest is required to extend beyond their initial reservation date.
- Four Seasons Resort Nevis facilitates on-property testing for our guests to meet with the CDC’s expanded requirement for a negative COVID-19 test to all air passengers entering the United States. Please see the official CDC website for more information.
All departing travellers will be required to wear a mask and administered a temperature check upon arrival at the airport. They will also be asked to sanitize and observe all social distancing protocols displayed at the departures area.
- Testing services are provided by Next Generation Medical Laboratory and collected samples are sent to St. Kitts for processing.
- The cost of the test is USD 150 per person for an RT-PCR test and USD 50 for an Antigen test. All guests are required to make payments directly online at https://nextgenmedlab.com/travel-covid19/. Payments must be made 48 hours prior to swabbing.
- Once the online payment is successful, an electronic receipt is sent to the person who made the purchase via email. The receipt must be presented on the day of swabbing as proof of payment.
- Tests are usually scheduled at 7:00AM. The Front Desk will contact guests a day prior to confirm the test schedule. Kindly note that the test is being coordinated by Four Seasons Resort Nevis, but is being facilitated by a third party authorized by the Ministry of Health. Four Seasons Resort Nevis has no control of the schedules or generation of test results.Negative results are sent to the guests directly by the Ministry of Health via their email no later than 24 hours after the test is administered.
- If desired, guests can request that their results be printed at the Front Desk.
The On-Property Experience
Located on a 350-acre (140 hectare) playground on the naturally physically distant island of Nevis – it’s only 36 square miles (93 square kilometres) with a population of just 12,000 people – Four Seasons Resort Nevis is a modern embodiment of the spirit and soul of the Caribbean. Reimagined and revitalized, but rooted in history and heritage, this beachfront oasis offers a captivating combination of adventure, discovery, serenity and recreation.
The Private Retreats at Four Seasons Resort Nevis are the ultimate Caribbean escape. Located in our exclusive enclave, this collection of luxury vacation rental homes provides space and privacy to connect with each other and the world around you. Whether you’re seeking a home away from home or a quiet place to study or work from home, our dedicated team ensures every moment of your stay on this island sanctuary is tailored to your individual needs.
The Private Retreats experience at Four Seasons Resort Nevis offers personalized service, plenty of space to work and play, all the amenities of home and everything that anyone could need while away. In addition to their unique character, each stand-alone villa also offers services and amenities including dedicated ambassadors for daily needs or special requests, custom-tailored pre-arrival provisioning services, private pools and kitchens, private in-home experiences and full access to all Resort services and amenities. Learn more.
Our exclusive and unique activities have been designed for small, intimate groups and are infused with a distinct Nevisian flare. Let our expert guest services team tailor each experience for maximum fun under the Caribbean sun. Contact us via the Four Seasons App to request your copy of our Activities Guide.
In addition to the Resort’s delicious dining destinations, you are welcome to enjoy a private dinner in your villa, suite, at our historic sugar mill, under the stars on our Resort pier or at a secluded beachfront location on Pinney’s Beach. Our culinary team will create a customized dining experience for you and your family featuring your favourite flavours and Caribbean dishes.
If you prefer to dine in the comfort of your room, our In-Room Dining team will prepare your order and leave it outside your door. Order via your in-room telephone or utilize the chat feature on the Four Seasons App.
Four Seasons Mobile App
Download the Four Seasons App to take advantage of touchless check-in and check-out features. Chat with an on-site representative who can assist with dining and spa reservations, activity booking or any other questions you may have. Through the mobile app, you will also be able to request housekeeping services, view your bill and explore the Resort’s amenities and daily specials.