Family Fun Itinerary
Take to the mountains by horseback, experience Zilwa Night with an African dance show or simply relax by the pool while the kids learn to sail; whatever your choice, there’s no shortage in family activities during a stay at Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita. The following seven-day family itinerary is just an example of how you might plan to spend your family vacation to Mauritius. Please call or visit the Concierge to help personalize your visit.
After your journey, enjoy our refreshing passion fruit iced tea welcome drink before discovering your family residence villa.
Day 1 – Discover the Resort
Following breakfast at Beau Champ or on your villa’s private terrace, make the most of all that the Resort has to offer:
- Head down to the Fitness Centre to gather complimentary bikes for the whole family and take a ride around the Resort’s intertwining pathways to explore the natural beauty of the tropical gardens. Be sure to stop on the bridge for a great view of the fish.
- The Kids For All Seasons program offers a 'Hobbit Village' inspired kids' club and a separate young adults’ centre, Karokan, for those aged 10 and above. With pool, table tennis, the latest video consoles, plus a DJ booth, teens are sure to make Karokan their new favourite hang out, while the little ones can try their hand at baking in the kids’ kitchen or splash in the kids' club’s own pool.
- Stop by the pool for lunch at Bambou and enjoy the restaurant’s signature family cocktail, the Bambou Shooter.
- After lunch, unwind at the beach in the comfort of a palm tree hammock, sun lounger or beach sofa.
- Seated in one of the restaurant’s three pavilions, choose from the finest steaks and seafood at Beau Champ, and finish with a delicious signature dessert. Children's menus are also available in all of the outlets for kids.
Day 2 – Get into the swing
Golf is complimentary and unlimited to all guests at Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita, so whether you’re a beginner or scratch player, the beautiful oceanfront setting of the Ernie Els-designed course is not to be missed.
- Try out the daily golfing initiation at 11:00 am on the driving range. Our pro will be on hand to give you hints and tips for the perfect swing.
- For lunch, choose from a menu of clubhouse classics, pizzas and popular Mediterranean dishes at Il Forno restaurant, with view overlooking the final green.
- Whether you fancy heading out for a full 18 holes, a quick nine or simply staying on the practice greens to perfect that final putt, spend a leisurely afternoon in a golfer’s paradise and don’t forget to say hello to our resident tortoises, Gromomo and Ticolo, by the ninth hole.
- Celebrate your evening with your family at Bambou and allow our chefs to serve up your favourite a la carte selection from the Mauritian, Indian and Chinese menu.
Day 3 – Meet the island's wildlife
Head across the island to meet some of Mauritius’ most famous residents, the lions and crocodiles.
- Whether you’re brave enough to walk with the lions, or prefer to admire the colours of over 1,500 tropical birds, Casela Nature and Leisure Park is a great day out for all the family. Feel the thrill of ziplining across the forest or join a safari walk to see zebras, monkeys and tigers. Hire Segways for a fun and easy tour around the park.
- Be sure to have your camera handy at La Vanille Reserve des Mascareignes, as the guides take you on a trek past 1,500 Nile crocodiles, before entering one of the world’s largest insectariums, which features over 23,000 different species.
- After all the action, take advantage of a relaxed dinner on your villa’s terrace and see who can spot the most constellations under the clear night sky.
Day 4 – Bird's eye view
See Mauritius at its best with a helicopter tour of the island.
- Take to the skies and marvel at the spectacular views of the island’s coral reef, green blanketed mountains and pristine white beaches in your own private helicopter tour.
- Sample Chef Fabio’s homemade pasta at Acquapazza, while the kids make their own pizzas with the restaurant’s chefs at the outdoor wood-fire pizza oven.
Day 5 – complete relaxation
Parents can make the most of some precious time alone, while the kids enjoy a full itinerary of fun activities in the Kids For All Seasons program.
- As the kids check in to Karokan or the kids' club, parents can choose from a range of sensual treatments at the overwater spa. Sample our Mauritian Fusion Therapy in a luxury couple’s suite overlooking the lush mangroves.
- Following a relaxing massage, chill out by your villa’s private plunge pool and order a refreshing lunch from In Villa Dining to be enjoyed on your spacious terrace.
- Meanwhile, the kids will be kept busy with a choice of activities, including boat trips, beach volleyball and group tennis sessions.
- Experience a live African dance at Bambou’s Zilwa Night as the chefs prepare locally inspired dishes on request at the evening’s live cooking stations.
Day 6 – adventure on horseback
Visit the nearby Domaine de l’Etoile for spectacular views across the island on a two-and-a-half-hour horseback ride.
- Enjoy a family horse ride through the sugar cane fields and along the mountain paths, taking in the breathtaking views across Mauritius.
- Once out of the saddle, stop for lunch in the nature reserve’s beautiful restaurant, situated in the heart of the mountain valley.
- Treat the kids to an afternoon in the kids' village at Domaine De L'Etoile, where go-karting, mini-adventure courses and trampolining are all part of the fun, or laze by the river as the kids feed the horses.
- For your final evening, head to the beach for a family BBQ, where our chefs will prepare all of your favourite grilled specialties right by the ocean.
Day 7 – Make a splash
From kayaking to sailing, windsurfing to Pedalos, all non-motorized watersports, plus waterskiing, are complimentary at Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita.
- Take a trip out in the glass-bottom boat to gain a glimpse of the lagoon’s tropical underwater world.
- Choose from windsurfing or Hobie Cats for some wind-powered action, or enjoy a more relaxed pace with a pedalo or kayak.
- Private instruction is available from the boat house and with the protected shallow waters of the lagoon, there’s no better place to learn.
- Stay beachside for lunch and select a choice of tantalizing Arabic dishes and sushi delights as you enjoy a relaxed lunch at Bambou.
- In preparation for your departure, allow our Concierge to manage your online check-in and airport transfer in the Resort’s SUV.
- Don’t worry about making time to dine at the airport. Let our In Villa Dining team prepare the perfect departure picnic for you, filled with memories of your holiday and delicious treats for the kids.